Lecrae Garners Grammy Nomination For ‘Best Gospel Album’
Amongst newcomers leading the field alongside established artists, producers and songwriters, Reach Records' artist Lecrae garnered his 2nd career GRAMMY ® nomination for "Best Gospel Album" with his recent studio project Gravity. Lecrae was included amongst the industry's top entertainers as nominees for the 55th Annual GRAMMY ® Awards were announced last night during an hour-long televised concert in Nashville co-hosted by country-pop artist Taylor Swift and veteran GRAMMY ® host, rapper-actor LL Cool J.
Like Us on Facebook
Gravity released earlier this fall and debuted at No. 3 on Billboard's Top 100 chart and dominated the No. 1 spot on Billboard's Rap, Independent, Gospel and Christian charts. The follow-up release to his GRAMMY ® nominated record Rehab: The Overdose (2010), Gravity showcases the esteemed hip-hop artist's provoking lyrical technique, live instrumentation and hypnotic beats. His seventh studio project to date, Gravity also features the talents of Mali Music, Mathai (The Voice), label mates Trip Lee and Tedashii, Street Symphony's Heat Academy and The Watchmen with production from DJ Khalil.
Lecrae performed Gravity's biggest hits such as "Violence," "Tell The World" and "I Know" on his latest Unashamed Tour, which wrapped before the Thanksgiving holiday. He and label his mates, Trip Lee, Tedashii, Andy Mineo, KB and Derek Minor, visited 30 cities including New York, Los Angeles, Miami, Chicago Dallas and Atlanta, among others. Lecrae will hit the road again in 2013 for a full spring tour while performing at various events and festivals throughout the year.
The 55th Annual GRAMMY ® Awards will be held on February 10, 2013, at The Staples Center in Los Angeles and will air nationwide on CBS starting at 8pm/7pm CST.
For more information on Lecrae and Gravity, please go to www.reachrecords.com.
ABOUT REACH RECORDS:
Reach Records is an Atlanta based full service hip-hop independent label co-founded by Grammy nominated rapper Lecrae and Ben Washer in 2004. With a growing roster that includes Lacrae, Trip Lee, Tedashii, Pro, KB and Andy Mineo, Reach Records has carved out a definitive niche in the underground hip-hop scene garnering impressive sales numbers for their artists based solely on their relationship with their fans. Known for their sold out shows and energetic stage presence, Reach Records' Billboard chart topping and Grammy nominated acts continue to break uncharted waters within the music industry and seek new avenues to reach new fans.
- Casting Crowns Release Acoustic Album, Get K-Love Awards Nomination & Make Cameo in New Movie
- Big Daddy Weave Releases New Single, "The Only Name," To Radio Today
- Deitrick Haddon Nominated for 2013 BET Award-A Beautiful Soul CD
- Carman Announces 60-City U.S. Tour, Offers Tickets to Kickstarter Backers 1st as Kickstarter Campaign Exceeds $233,000, Becomes 2nd Most Successful Kickstarter Music Project Ever
- Winter Jam Audiences 'Reset' With Nick Hall
- Andrew Peterson Returns To Grand Ole Opry
- Jason Castro Commenced Shooting For The Gmc Movie "The Perfect Summer" On May 13
- Billboard Gospel Chart Debut At #8 For Bishop K.W. Brown Presents Earl Bynum and The Mount Unity Choir
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK