Kree Harrison vs. Angela Miller: Idol's Top 2 Girls?
Tuesday night, March 5th marked the first live episode of season 12 of American Idol. After a dull first hour, the show started heating up with powerhouse performances from Kree Harrison and Angela Miller. Though it may be premature, I think we're going to see these two ladies in the finals.
The two girls share good looks and great voices in common but overall have two completely different personalities.
Kree Harrison is the self-deprecating, "rural," type that feels, "blessed," to have just been given the opportunity. After delivering an incredible rendition of Faith Hill's "Stronger" (followed by a standing ovation from all 4 judges), Harrison credits the Idol band and vocal coaches for the success. That's seriously humble and infectiously likeable. So likeable that Idol judge, Nicki Minaj continues pining for Harrison to be her wife. Can you hear Middle America burning Nicki Minaj CDs?
Like Us on Facebook
Though it did seem Candice Glover's take on John Legend's "Ordinary People" was deemed the crowning performance of the night, Harrison would have to settle for second best with a routine that would normally take first. Regardless, Kree Harrison has definitely established herself as a front-runner.
And in this corner, we have aspiring 18-year-old singer from Massachusetts, Angela Miller. Now officially nicknamed Angie, Miller's been catching fire lately. She returned to her comfort zone behind the piano to sing, "Never Gone," a song written by previous Idol darling, and rising Christian rock artist, Colton Dixon. Certainly a highlight of the night, was it enough to beat out Harrison's?
Angela Miller definitely has star potential and a certain flare for stage performance, never missing a "smile at the camera" cue, hitting every note in the process. But something about Kree Harrison's quiet confidence could win over viewers. Now that Idol is in the Top 10, the judges don't have a vote. It's up to you America, to decide who will win season 12 of American Idol.
- Brandon Heath's 'Blue Mountain' Album, Touring & K-LOVE Awards Nominations
- TobyMac Introduces Recent Gotee Records Signee, Ryan Stevenson
- Mark Schultz "All Things Possible" Cruise Tour 2014 / Jimmy Needham and Cindy Morgan Special Guests
- Jason Castro Shooting for GMC Movie "The Perfect Summer" / 2013 Tour with Sidewalk Prophets, Ryan Cabrera, Deleasa
- The Lost Medallion: The Adventures of Billy Stone (2013) Releases on DVD at Wal-mart, Watch Trailer (VIDEO)
- David M. Edwards Releases New Gospel Album "Heart Full Of Soul" Today / Available On iTunes
- David Crowder* Band Release New "Greatest Hits" Album Today / Songs Like "How He Loves", "O Praise Him" and "Everything Glorious" Featured on New Album
- The Perry's Joseph Habedank to Step Down as Lead Singer of Gospel Group After 10 Years, Read Full Note Here
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK