Get Exclusive Listen of the Full KB's Song "Go Off" Featuring Tedashii and Andy Mineo
Kevin KB will soon release his debut album titled Weight & Glory on July 17, 2012 through Reach Records. KB resides in Tampa with his wife and from time to time preaches at Crossover Community Church.
Through his music KB wants, "people to realize God and His centrality. It is not us putting Him at the center, He is already there. We must put ourselves onto that reality."
Like Us on Facebook
Reach Records currently offers an exclusive listen of the full song "Go Off" featuring Tedashii and Andy Mineo. The following steps are required to get this exclusive song:
1. Go to your Reach Records app.
2. Go to the tab titled "More" along the bottom menu.
3. Select the "QR Scanner" and scan the code below.
For more information visit http://reachrecords.com.
"I was losing the will to live; life was becoming meaningless, and I was becoming progressively more empty," and his declining academic performance reflected this attitude. But that would soon change.
It's not a stretch to say the winding road that began in St. Petersburg, FL led Kevin "KB" Burgess straight to God.
Raised middle class, divorce left KB and his mother in a poor economic situation, "I went from the suburbs to the hood in one day," he recalls. Having been raised in Southern Illinois on a military base, drug dealers and criminals were a stark contrast to the safe haven he had become accustomed to. Fear of death and the unknown gripped his teenage years, leading him to depression and thoughts of suicide. On the other hand, KB also excelled in high school and was offered the opportunity to be a part of a program where juniors could become full-time college students. After foregoing varsity basketball to join the program, KB soon realized that solely excelling in school wouldn't bring fulfillment. "I was losing the will to live; life was becoming meaningless, and I was becoming progressively more empty," and his declining academic performance reflected this attitude. But that would soon change. While in school, a classmate introduced him to Christian rap, and although he already self-identified as a believer, after listening to a song on which an artist delivered the Gospel, KB wholeheartedly trusted and believed in Jesus. In his regeneration, the Gospel exposed the underlying issue of fear and uncertainty that plagued him as a teenager. Emptiness, depression, and meaninglessness were now being exchanged for grace, rest and forgiveness.
BREATHEcast brings you daily exclusive Christian music news
- Big Daddy Weave Releases New Single, "The Only Name," To Radio Today
- Deitrick Haddon Nominated for 2013 BET Award-A Beautiful Soul CD
- Carman Announces 60-City U.S. Tour, Offers Tickets to Kickstarter Backers 1st as Kickstarter Campaign Exceeds $233,000, Becomes 2nd Most Successful Kickstarter Music Project Ever
- Winter Jam Audiences 'Reset' With Nick Hall
- Andrew Peterson Returns To Grand Ole Opry
- Jason Castro Commenced Shooting For The Gmc Movie "The Perfect Summer" On May 13
- Billboard Gospel Chart Debut At #8 For Bishop K.W. Brown Presents Earl Bynum and The Mount Unity Choir
- Human Rights Leader Majed El Shafie Announces Successful Rescue of Victims of Religious Persecution in Afghanistan
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK