Keith and Kristyn Getty Deliver Powerhouse Performances At Ryman Auditorium
The modern hymns of Keith and Kristyn Getty continue to witness enthusiastic response and critical acclaim through the couple's concerts and recordings. The couple had two major performances last weekend, one at the Saturday Grand Ole Opry (with Ricky Skaggs) and the other at the packed house St. Patrick's Day concert at the historic Ryman Auditorium. The inspirational evening also featured performances from Ricky Skaggs, Buddy Greene, Ron Block (Alison Krauss and the Union Station), Rend Collective Experiment, and RUNA. Additionally, the Getty's current single, Christ Is Risen, He Is Risen Indeed, the first from their current album, Hymns for the Christian Life has reached #11 on Billboard's Soft AC chart this week.
Like Us on Facebook
"It was such a thrill to return to the Grand Ole Opry and to have our first full concert at the Ryman, all on St. Patrick's Day weekend," says Keith Getty. "The Ryman Auditorium has such a rich music history in so many genres of music that it's a thrill to be able to stand on that historic stage. Kristyn and I were deeply moved by the warm and enthusiastic response we received from the audience that evening, which made it a St Patrick's Day we'll never forget."
Up next for the busy couple will be a video shoot for the song, A Mother's Prayer that is also from their current project, Hymns for the Christian Life, and a live album taping at the upcoming National Conference of The Gospel Coalition in Orlando, FL, which will be released this summer. Keith and Kristyn will head to Ireland for a summer of songwriting and spending time with their families. When they return to the United States, the Gettys will embark on a Fall tour in support of Hymns for the Christian Life, and in November/December will launch their 3rd Annual Joy-An Irish Christmas Tour.
- Cancer Survivor Tracy Randall Joins Philadelphia's "Faith Against Cancer" Gospel Concert
- Lisa Page Brooks Meets Stroke Survivor in Baltimore, MD
- Christian Singer Carman Has Successful Kickstarter and Announces 24 State, 60 City Tour!
- Chris Tomlin Tour Hits The Road with the Burning Lights Tour and Live Concert DVD
- Michael W. Smith Announces 2014 “Michael W. Smith & Friends Cruise” To Alaska
- Holly Starr's 'Don't Have Love' Surpasses 500,000 Youtube Views
- New Artist Julie Elias Set To Perform At LifeLight Festival Memorial Day Weekend
- Christian Musician Summit Launches New Retail Website for Church Musicians
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Jeremiah Jones Talks About Laura Story's Hit Song, His New Album and Song Writing
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK