Kandi Burruss, Kim Zolciak Feud: Kandi Suing 'Real Housewives' Co-Star For Stealing Song
Real Housewives of Atlanta star Kandi Burruss is suing her ex-costar Kim Zolciak for money she should have been paid for Zolciak's tune, "Tardy for the Party."
Kandin Burruss, whose been responsible for radio hits such as TLC's "No Scrubs" said she wrote the song for Kim Zolciak but never received royalties or recognition.
According to RadarOnline, Kandi Burruss filed the lawsuit in Atlanta on March 12th, claiming "Tardy for the Party" was released to the public without her written/verbal, "authorization, license or consent."
Like Us on Facebook
The feud has been going on since October after Kandi Burruss accused Kim Zolciak in a blog post on the Bravo network website.
"I hardly got anything from 'Tardy for the Party'. That is the truth," she wrote. "I am not mad about it. I really blame myself because I didn't handle my business correctly."
Also according to RadarOnline Kandi Burruss is asking for a temporary restraining order to prevent Kim Zolciak from making any additional money from the song.
A penchant for the dramatic, Kandi Burruss has dragged another Atlanta housewife into the ordeal by hiring co-star Phaedra Parks as her lawyer.
According to a statement released by Kim Zolciak, "Tardy for the Party" was, "created by four people who share in the royalties: Kim Zolciak, her daughter (who co-wrote the original song in season one of the RHOA show before Kandi joined the show in season two) Kandi and Don Vito. To date, Kim Zolciak has written checks to Kandi Burruss and Don Vito in access of $23,000."
In the same statement, Kim Zolciak-Biermann goes on to ridicule Kandi Burruss for handling, "all aspects of the song in a very sloppy and messy way."
- Casting Crowns Release Acoustic Album, Get K-Love Awards Nomination & Make Cameo in New Movie
- Big Daddy Weave Releases New Single, "The Only Name," To Radio Today
- Deitrick Haddon Nominated for 2013 BET Award-A Beautiful Soul CD
- Carman Announces 60-City U.S. Tour, Offers Tickets to Kickstarter Backers 1st as Kickstarter Campaign Exceeds $233,000, Becomes 2nd Most Successful Kickstarter Music Project Ever
- Winter Jam Audiences 'Reset' With Nick Hall
- Andrew Peterson Returns To Grand Ole Opry
- Jason Castro Commenced Shooting For The Gmc Movie "The Perfect Summer" On May 13
- Billboard Gospel Chart Debut At #8 For Bishop K.W. Brown Presents Earl Bynum and The Mount Unity Choir
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK