New Artist Julie Elias Performs At Disney World During Night of Joy
New artist Julie Elias recently spent several days at Disney World, where she participated in the popular Night of Joy event held annually at Disney's Magic Kingdom Park in Orlando, Fla. The singer/songwriter shared music from her upcoming CD, A Wild Rose.
Elias sang at the 30th Annual Night of Joy, with concerts both Friday and Saturday nights on the Talent Spotlight Stage. The 2012 mainstage acts included MercyMe, Casting Crowns, Chris Tomlin, Third Day and Kutless.
Like Us on Facebook
"I think it's great Disney hosts an event like Night of Joy to bring so many people out to hear Christian music at such a popular venue as Disney World," Elias says. "Melding the secular world of Disney with the Christian music market is a great way of bringing Jesus into the mainstream and also shows that the Christian music industry can be enjoyed by everyone who loves good music!"
Photo caption, top: Julie Elias, center, performs at Disney World's Night of Joy with her band, including backup singer Ashley Morgan, left. (Dell Elias photo)
Photo caption, bottom: When not onstage, Julie Elias enjoyed touring the Magic Kingdom. (Dell Elias photo)
About Julie Elias:
Elias' career spanned various facets of the arts - from leading worship to musical theater - before the singer/songwriter fully embraced her calling to become a recording artist. Though she's wholeheartedly committed to help listeners tap into their God-ordained purpose, she didn't arrive at her current calling overnight. In fact, her performance path looked completely different just two years ago when the Nevada native found herself in Hollywood pursuing work in film and television. "I studied musical theater in college and there's something fascinating - and downright fun - about immersing yourself in a character. To participate in the preparation and rehearsal that goes into a performance is hugely enjoyable and gratifying. Making the move to Hollywood to pursue work in film and television seemed like a great way to make something I was passionate about into a career," says Elias.
After making the networking rounds in Hollywood, Elias was well on her way to becoming an up-and-coming actress thanks to various extra roles on Grey's Anatomy (where she was a regular for two seasons), CSI: New York, Bones, Flash Forward, Community, Parks and Recreation, Weeds and Dexter. She also appeared in several films as an extra, including Due Date, starring Robert Downey Jr., and Larry Crowne with Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts.
A Christmas trip to her hometown in 2010 caused Elias to reexamine her career options. During the holiday, she performed in her home church's praise and worship band and sang in some local concerts.
"It took a seemingly routine Christmas concert that year for me to realize what I've been called to do. In fact, Christmas of that year was the most clear-cut, obvious message I've ever received from God, period! It was as if He said 'I am spelling it out for you, in bold caps: PAY ATTENTION,'" Elias says.
At the beginning of 2011, Elias began making regular pilgrimages to Nashville to collaborate with Music City's top songwriters and producers. The trips resulted in her national debut CD, A Wild Rose, set to release Fall 2012, which features 10 fresh tunes that chronicle her journey thus far.
As Elias gears up to make her mark on the modern day music scene with her engaging songwriting style and fresh pop/rock sound - influenced by Amy Grant, Natalie Merchant, Carrie Underwood and Sheryl Crow - she's committed to spreading faith-affirming messages that are just as uplifting to believers as they are inspiring to seekers.
"We are all constantly on a spiritual journey and mine is chronicled by music. I've always believed you can hear words, but you can feel music," Elias says. "What is a relationship with God without feeling His presence through your entire being? Sometimes songs can touch you in a way that words cannot."
- The Perry's Tracy Stuffle Latest Medical Update and Recovery Process
- Chris Tomlin 'Burning Lights' Tour to Have Second Leg This Fall 2013, See Full Dates Here (VIDEO)
- 1 Girl Nation (1GN) Joins Reunion Records And Announces Debut, Self-Titled Release Due August 20
- Plumb Travels to Brooklyn to Experience the Work of Metro World Child
- Tracy Stuffle Medical Update, The Perry's Singer, Having Rough Week in Hospital, Prayers Needed
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Audio Adrenaline on Red Carpet at K-Love Awards (VIDEO)
- Grammy and Dove Award Nominated Recording Artist Mr. Del, Celebrates Highly Anticipated Project FAITH WALKA
- Matthew West to Perform at First-Ever Sunday Morning at CMA Fest
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- A Father’s Day Exclusive Interview: Singer/songwriter Todd MacDonald’ Dad Talks about His Son, Death and Being a Dad
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK