Jon Foreman of Switchfoot & Fiction Family - The Music Man
A surfer boy from San Bernardino County, California, has become one of the most influential Christian songwriters of our generation with almost just as much acclaim and notoriety in the mainstream music scene as well.
Jon Foreman (born October 22, 1976) moved away from California with his family to Massachusetts and Virginia Beach while growing up, but they eventually ended up back in the San Diego area. Foreman graduated high school and started college only to drop out to pursue his music career.
Like Us on Facebook
Jon Foreman is the main songwriter for the Grammy award winning, world famous rock band, Switchfoot, claiming such hits as "Dare You to Move" and "Meant to Live" to name a few. However, his musical genius as a whole is what this article will focus on.
Many artists are content and very blessed to write music or play in one successful band, however Jon just never seems to run out of inspiration to make music. He is a true artist in the sense that he seems to need music and it needs him. Only those close to Jon know his songwriting regimen, but its reported that he writes hundreds of songs for each Switchfoot record.
His writing overflow and endless left over material would only make sense that it could pour into other projects.
Jon Foreman started a side project in 2006 called, "Fiction Family" with Sean Watkins of the popular blue grass group, Nickel Creek. With both of them having such heavy touring schedules, they would just send tracks back and forth and work on them in their spare time for fun. Neither of them put high expectations or a release date, they just enjoyed the songs they were working on and wanted to see what they could become. In January of 2009, Fiction Family finally released their self titled debut record. It was met with great reviews from fans and critcs alike. Fiction Family just released their album, "Fiction Family Reunion" earlier this year and just did a run of shows on the "Heavy and Light" tour organized by To Write Love On Her Arms.
Perhaps even more popular then Fiction Family has been Jon's release of this solo records. Jon released 4 solo records called, "Fall", "Winter", "Spring" and "Summer". The colletion together is called Limbs and Branches and has been a fan favorite for his followers. This shows off Jon's songwriting skills in a more timeless from and is a mix between Bob Dylan and Paul Simon. Foreman tackles honesty in his solo songs from his own guilt and insecurities to his questions on his own faith.
If you have not listened to all of Jon Foreman's projects, do yourself a favor and check them out today.
(www.switchfoot.com) (www.jonforeman.com) (www.fictionfamily.com)
- Cancer Survivor Tracy Randall Joins Philadelphia's "Faith Against Cancer" Gospel Concert
- Lisa Page Brooks Meets Stroke Survivor in Baltimore, MD
- Christian Singer Carman Has Successful Kickstarter and Announces 24 State, 60 City Tour!
- Chris Tomlin Tour Hits The Road with the Burning Lights Tour and Live Concert DVD
- Michael W. Smith Announces 2014 “Michael W. Smith & Friends Cruise” To Alaska
- Holly Starr's 'Don't Have Love' Surpasses 500,000 Youtube Views
- New Artist Julie Elias Set To Perform At LifeLight Festival Memorial Day Weekend
- Christian Musician Summit Launches New Retail Website for Church Musicians
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Jeremiah Jones Talks About Laura Story's Hit Song, His New Album and Song Writing
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK