John Schlitt's 'The Gift' Selected as Top Relationship Song By New Release Tuesday
"The Gift," the song co-written by multiple Grammy and Dove Award-winning recording artist John Schlitt as a tribute to his wife, Dorla, has been named a favorite "relationship" song in this week's edition of New Release Tuesday. In an article titled "The Gift," Schlitt's single of the same name is in the company of songs by Chris August, Sara Groves, Bebo Norman, Todd Agnew, Francesca Battistelli, Dave Barnes, JJ Heller, Audrey Assad, Natalie LaRue and Lara Landon.
Like Us on Facebook
WATCH HERE 'Interview with John Schlitt'
"'The Gift' by John Schlitt is a beautiful love song written to his wife about the amazing gift the Lord has given him in his wife, Dorla," says New Release Tuesday's Kevin Davis, who compiled the list in honor of his 18th wedding anniversary.
"It is wonderful to see that the song, 'The Gift', which celebrates the special relationship between my God, my wife, and myself, can also be special to others," says Schlitt, who says the song is based on Ecclesiastes 4:9 ("Two are better than one").
"I know that God brought us together and by his grace kept us through those years and the foolishness that went with them," continues Schlitt. "It was in the process of her coming to Christ first and Jesus using her in my life that changed everything for me...and for us. It's like the picture of the triangle with Jesus at the top point. He loves us. We love him. Because of that we can love each other...and that's not saying it's easy at all. With our faith in Jesus at the center of our relationship, our knowledge of our true selves helps us to truly grow in our love for one another."
The complete list of favorite relationship songs includes "The Gift" by John Schlitt, "Miracle" by Sara Groves, "White Flag" by Dave Barnes, "Worth It" by Francesca Battistelli, "The River" by Lara Landon, "Loved" by Todd Agnew, "Restore" by Chris August, "Boat Song" by JJ Heller, "Could You Ever Look At Me" by Bebo Norman, "Blessed Are The Ones" by Audrey Assad, and "Home" by Natalie LaRue.
The full article can be read at newreleasetuesday.com.
"The Gift" is featured on Schlitt's latest CD, The Greater Cause, which was released May 8 by 4K Records and distributed by New Day Christian Distributors. For more information about Schlitt and The Greater Cause, go to johnwschlitt.com or newdaychristian.com.
CLICK HERE TO READ 'John Schlitt 'The Greater Cause' Album Review'
Photo caption: John Schlitt, right, co-wrote the song "The Gift" along with Andrew Ramsey and Dan Needham as a tribute to Schlitt's wife, Dorla, left. The couple is shown here on the day of their 40th wedding anniversary. (Kari Needham photo)
About John Schlitt:
With more than three decades worth of water under the musical bridge, John Schlitt has enjoyed a stellar career as a solo artist, as the former lead singer for Grammy Award-winning Christian band Petra, one of the most successful Christian rock bands of all times, and as the former lead singer for popular '70s mainstream rock band Head East. He has been inducted into the Gospel Music Hall of Fame as the lead singer of Petra during the years when the band won 10 Dove Awards and four Grammy Awards. Schlitt was recently named the best rock singer in Christian music history by GospelMusicChannel.com. According to the website, Schlitt "remains one of the most distinctive and impactful men to ever stand behind a microphone." Schlitt was also named Male Vocalist of the Year in About.com's 2011 Readers' Poll in a category that included Chris Tomlin, Jeremy Camp. Brandon Heath and Bebo Norman.
- Word Entertainment & 25 Entertainment Announce The 2013-14 "Girls of Grace" Season Presented By Childfund (VIDEO)
- Luminate Enjoys Success on Rock N' Worship Roadshow & Believe Tours
- Francesca Battistelli New Album Coming Out Soon?
- Laura Story's 'Blessings' Album Goes Gold, Joins Show Hope Concert May 26 in Nashville with Casting Crowns, Steven Curtis Chapman & Others
- Casting Crowns Release Acoustic Album, Get K-Love Awards Nomination & Make Cameo in New Movie
- Big Daddy Weave Releases New Single, "The Only Name," To Radio Today
- Deitrick Haddon Nominated for 2013 BET Award-A Beautiful Soul CD
- Carman Announces 60-City U.S. Tour, Offers Tickets to Kickstarter Backers 1st as Kickstarter Campaign Exceeds $233,000, Becomes 2nd Most Successful Kickstarter Music Project Ever
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK