Legendary Rock Singer John Schlitt Performs at Faith and Freedom Celebration
Multiple Grammy and Dove Award-winning recording artist John Schlitt recently performed at the Faith and Freedom Celebration in Tampa, Fla., an event hosted by the Florida Faith and Freedom Coalition and held in coordination with the Republican National Convention. During the event, Schlitt sang his song "Faith & Freedom" from his critically-acclaimed CD The Greater Cause and met with Republican Party dignitaries, including former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee.
Like Us on Facebook
"I was absolutely blessed to be around people who have the same commitment that I do and who put that commitment into words and deeds," Schlitt says. "It was great to be in that kind of company."
More than 1,300 people attended the Faith and Freedom Celebration, which included a number of speakers including Huckabee, Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich, Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker, Texas GOP Senate nominee Ted Cruz, Phyllis Schlafly, Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi, and incoming Speaker of the Florida House Will Weatherford.
The Greater Cause, Schlitt's fourth solo CD, was released May 8 by 4K Records and is distributed by New Day Christian Distributors. For more information about Schlitt and The Greater Cause, go to johnwschlitt.com or newdaychristian.com.
Photo caption: John Schlitt, right, chatted with former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee, left, at the Faith and Freedom Celebration. (Ruth Malhotra/Faith and Freedom Coalition photo)
About John Schlitt:
With more than three decades worth of water under the musical bridge, John Schlitt has enjoyed a stellar career as a solo artist, as the former lead singer for Grammy Award-winning Christian band Petra, one of the most successful Christian rock bands of all times, and as the former lead singer for popular '70s mainstream rock band Head East. He has been inducted into the Gospel Music Hall of Fame as the lead singer of Petra during the years when the band won 10 Dove Awards and four Grammy Awards. Schlitt was recently named the best rock singer in Christian music history by GospelMusicChannel.com. According to the website, Schlitt "remains one of the most distinctive and impactful men to ever stand behind a microphone." Schlitt was also named Male Vocalist of the Year in About.com's 2011 Readers' Poll in a category that included Chris Tomlin, Jeremy Camp. Brandon Heath and Bebo Norman.
About the Faith and Freedom Celebration:
The Faith and Freedom Celebration, sponsored by the Florida Faith and Freedom Coalition, was held on August 26 in Tampa, Fla., at the Tampa Theater. For more information about the Faith and Freedom Celebration and the Faith and Freedom Coalition, visit ffcoalition.com or like on Facebook (facebook.com/ffcoalition).
- The Perry's Tracy Stuffle Latest Medical Update and Recovery Process
- Chris Tomlin 'Burning Lights' Tour to Have Second Leg This Fall 2013, See Full Dates Here (VIDEO)
- 1 Girl Nation (1GN) Joins Reunion Records And Announces Debut, Self-Titled Release Due August 20
- Plumb Travels to Brooklyn to Experience the Work of Metro World Child
- Tracy Stuffle Medical Update, The Perry's Singer, Having Rough Week in Hospital, Prayers Needed
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Audio Adrenaline on Red Carpet at K-Love Awards (VIDEO)
- Grammy and Dove Award Nominated Recording Artist Mr. Del, Celebrates Highly Anticipated Project FAITH WALKA
- Matthew West to Perform at First-Ever Sunday Morning at CMA Fest
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- A Father’s Day Exclusive Interview: Singer/songwriter Todd MacDonald’ Dad Talks about His Son, Death and Being a Dad
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK