Jesus Culture Ushers in Culture of Healing and Praise at NY Concert
Jesus Culture's spring 2013 tour, A Night of Worship & Ministry, opened on Sunday, February 3, at the Best Buy Center in New York City.
Around 2,000 people were in attendance, all desiring to encounter the radical presence of God and fully filling the Times Square theater.
Kim Walker-Smith was not with us this time but, of course, Chris Quilala appeared, and Bryan and Katie Torwalt came together and delivered the powerful presence of God.
Like Us on Facebook
Song highlights from the include "Glorious," "He is Faithful," "Burning Ones," "Holy Spirit," and "Break Every Chain."
While singing "Break Every Chain," Katie proclaimed over the audience that all bondages would be broken and prayed to see the glimpse of God. Right after the song, Pastor Scott Tompson came out and shared the message of Jesus' healing power. He led people to pray together for the healing of those with long-term diseases and pains and, miraculously, many people started waving their hands as a demonstration that their pains were, indeed, gone.
One of the most amazing confessions of the night was made by Paige who said, "I tried to kill myself, but it will never happen again!" Everyone rejoiced for her testimony and directed their hands to the stage to pray for her beautiful future.
Next, with the holiness of experiencing the healing power of God alive in the room, Jesus Culture was preparing to continue to worship when suddenly people started singing "Set a Fire." The band seemed a little bit surprised by the congregation - which continued to grow louder and louder - but the artists humbly allowed the Holy Sprit to set fire in the people's, joining the crowd in song and and continuing with "My Heart" and "Burns For You."
Toward the end of the concert, Chris sang two of his most popular songs, "Your Love Never Fails" and "One Thing Remains;" he followed with "Happy Day" as the encore.
As paster Scott mentioned, it was great to see so many people join in one place to see the presence of God and experience His love - despite the fact that it was Super Bowl Sunday.
The Jesus Culture tour is still going strong following Sunday's show. Check http://www.jesusculture.com/springtours for upcoming dates.
- Chris Tomlin Tour Hits The Road with the Burning Lights Tour and Live Concert DVD
- Michael W. Smith Announces 2014 “Michael W. Smith & Friends Cruise” To Alaska
- Holly Starr's 'Don't Have Love' Surpasses 500,000 Youtube Views
- New Artist Julie Elias Set To Perform At LifeLight Festival Memorial Day Weekend
- Christian Musician Summit Launches New Retail Website for Church Musicians
- Toddzero To Release First Full-Length Album On June 4th
- Whosoever South Kicks Off Media Tour in Support of Debut Album
- Chris Tomlin's "Burning Lights Tour" Makes Career History
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Jeremiah Jones Talks About Laura Story's Hit Song, His New Album and Song Writing
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK