Author Jeff Petherick Discusses new Book on Cornerstone TV’s Focus 4
Author, philanthropist and financial expert Jeff Petherick recently appeared as a guest on Cornerstone Television's weekday flagship program, Focus 4. During the one-hour segment, host Tim Burgan interviewed Petherick about his book, Grace Like Rain: Soaking Up God's Best, Even When We're At Our Worst, which was released July 17 by Elk Lake Publishing and New Day Christian Distributors.
"We live in a society where we are 'driven' to success," says Tim Burgan, producer/host at Cornerstone TV Network. "The challenge as people of faith is to not allow the 'driven-ness' of our lives to control us, but to realize that the mercy and grace of God can overwhelm us and grant us greater success, greater joy, and greater peace than our own 'driven-ness' ever could have. Jeff Petherick's Grace like Rain is a book of hope, revealing through stories that the real things we are seeking don't come out of a driven-ness to be perfect or to please God, but an understanding that God already loves us and that His grace will accomplish more in us and through us than we could ever imagine."
Like Us on Facebook
Since the book's release, Petherick has been promoting the title across the United States through numerous media outlets. His guest segment on Focus 4 is the author's most recent TV appearance.
"It was wonderful being on the show. The more people I meet like Tim Burgan on this book-writing adventure, the more I recognize that so many followers of Jesus Christ understand grace - what it means for them personally, and what it means to show it to others in their lives," Petherick says. The more we understand grace, the closer we get to God's heart, bringing us greater love, peace and joy and making us true instruments for hope in this troubled world."
Petherick's interview currently can be viewed in the Cornerstone TV archives at ctvn.org/programs-focus4.asp.
Grace Like Rain, which follows the release of Petherick's publishing debut, Wavelength: Tuning In To God's Voice In A World of Static, examines the most powerful and perhaps most misunderstood power in the universe - God's grace - through real-life accounts about a God who did the unthinkable to save the unlovable.
Throughout Grace Like Rain, Petherick writes about grace in action, how God wants people to take the grace they have received and pass it on to others. In the book, he shares gripping stories of people surprised by grace and changed forever.
"Grace is transformative, not only to our lives individually, but to those around us. When we begin to understand this and receive it as a gift, we become empowered to show that grace to others in our lives," says Petherick, a successful investment manager, who has been featured as a financial expert by the likes of CNBC and Forbes. Petherick also is a philanthropist who is in demand as a Christian speaker and teacher.
"Jesus told us to be 'light.' However, light without grace is like a light bulb without a filament," Petherick continues. "We will have no ability to illuminate truth without the power of love and grace. Grace Like Rain helps us see how God has used the brokenness and sinfulness of ordinary people to transform them into true light bearers for Him."
Grace Like Rain is published by Elk Lake Publishing and is distributed exclusively to the CBA market through New Day Christian Distributors. For more information about Petherick, Grace Like Rain or Elk Lake Publishing, visit ElkLakePublishing.com.
Photo caption: Jeff Petherick, left, is interviewed by Tim Burgan, right, on the set of Cornerstone TV's Focus 4 program. (Cornerstone TV Network photo)
In his writing debut, Wavelength, Petherick shared with readers his stressful world as a rising star mutual fund manager in the 1990s, often finding himself in the role of expert for such weighty financial news organizations as The Wall Street Journal, Barron's, CNBC, Forbes and Kiplinger's Personal Finance. He went on to become founding partner in NorthPointe Capital, an institutional investment management firm with $1.5 billion in assets under management.
Following a life-altering encounter with Jesus Christ, Petherick embarked on many adventures with God, putting feet to his faith in such ventures as co-founding Impact India 360, which in the last eight years has built an orphanage, several schools, an elderly care facility, a church and a hospital.
Impact India 360 also offers college scholarships to village children and is involved in church-planting efforts throughout the region.
Petherick's work with Impact India 360 recently was featured in The Dancer, an award-winning short film garnering more than 15 awards, including First Place, Documentary Short, at the 2011 Los Angeles International Film Festival and Best of Fest/Grand Jury Award (out of 1650 films) at the 2011 San Francisco International Festival of Short Films. The Dancer shows life through the eyes of Satish Kumar, an 11-year-old orphan boy in a remote village in India. After the death of Kumar's mother and abandonment by his father, the youth now lives with 200 other children at the Dowlaiswaram, India, orphanage funded by Impact India 360.
Since beginning his walk with the Lord, Petherick's many adventures have included leading high school and college students on multiple mission trips to minister to the indigenous people of Iquitos, Peru, in the Amazon Rainforest.
Petherick is married to his high school sweetheart, Gina. They live in Michigan and have two children and one grandchild.
Cornerstone TV and Focus 4:
As Cornerstone TV's flagship program, Focus 4 is a five days per week, one-hour program challenging its audience to bring the saving power of Jesus Christ to our culture and mobilize believers to utilize their gifts as dynamic witnesses for our Lord.
The show tapes at Cornerstone TV's studios in Wall, Pa. For more information, visit ctvn.org.
- The Perry's Tracy Stuffle Latest Medical Update and Recovery Process
- Chris Tomlin 'Burning Lights' Tour to Have Second Leg This Fall 2013, See Full Dates Here (VIDEO)
- 1 Girl Nation (1GN) Joins Reunion Records And Announces Debut, Self-Titled Release Due August 20
- Plumb Travels to Brooklyn to Experience the Work of Metro World Child
- Tracy Stuffle Medical Update, The Perry's Singer, Having Rough Week in Hospital, Prayers Needed
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Audio Adrenaline on Red Carpet at K-Love Awards (VIDEO)
- Grammy and Dove Award Nominated Recording Artist Mr. Del, Celebrates Highly Anticipated Project FAITH WALKA
- Matthew West to Perform at First-Ever Sunday Morning at CMA Fest
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- A Father’s Day Exclusive Interview: Singer/songwriter Todd MacDonald’ Dad Talks about His Son, Death and Being a Dad
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK