Jason Castro Announces Special ‘American Idol’ Viewing Party In Conjunction With The Launch Of His Word Entertainment Debut Album, ‘Only A Mountain,’ In New York City, Jan 16
Internationally-renowned recording artist and "American Idol" alum Jason Castro is set to release his Word Entertainment debut album, Only A Mountain, on January 15, 2013. On January 16, fans can join him for "An Evening with Jason Castro Benefitting MusiCares' Hurricane Sandy Relief Fund" in New York City. The event will include an acoustic set by the singer featuring his new music and a special viewing party for the premiere of the 12th Season of "American Idol" on FOX. At the start of the year, Castro is set to embark on Winter Jam Tour Spectacular, the world's No. 1 tour (first quarter), alongside headliner TobyMac.
Like Us on Facebook
"An Evening with Jason Castro Benefitting MusiCares' Hurricane Sandy Relief Fund" will take place on January 16 at Rockwood Music Hall in New York City. At 7 p.m., Castro will kick off the event with a 45-minute acoustic set with music from his new album, Only A Mountain. At 8 p.m., fans will have the opportunity to watch the new season of "American Idol" with the former contestant.
"I am elated to be spending the week of my new album release in New York City, one of the absolute most amazing cities in the world" said Castro. "At the same time, the wonderful people of that area, including many of my own friends, have recently suffered some very hard times at the hands of Hurricane Sandy. I am especially looking forward to making a contribution to the relief efforts during my album release week. I'll see you on January 16 at Rockwood Music Hall."
A limited number of tickets are available at www.rockwoodmusichall.com and are $40-$100. 21+. Proceeds benefit the MusiCares' Hurricane Sandy Relief Fund.
On January 4, Winter Jam Tour Spectacular gets underway at the Charleston Civic Center in Charleston, WV. The three-month tour is scheduled to stop at Chicago's Sears Centre Arena, Philips Arena in Atlanta, Cincinnati's U.S. Bank Arena and Oklahoma City's Chesapeake Energy Arena among other venues, before concluding March 30 at San Antonio's AT&T Center. Admission is $10 at the door. For further information and a list of dates please visit www.jamtour.com.
Internationally-renowned recording artist and "American Idol" contestant Jason Castro has topped radio charts in multiple countries, including: Norway, Singapore and The Philippines. His self-titled debut album entered the Billboard Top 200 Album chart at No. 18. Throughout his career, Jason has appeared on television shows such as "TODAY," "The Ellen DeGeneres Show," "Access Hollywood," "The Bold and the Beautiful," and "The Bachelor" and has appeared on the pages of Rolling Stone, USA Today and The New York Times. Castro's Word Entertainment debut album, Only A Mountain, will be released on January 15, 2013. For additional information on Jason Castro, visit www.jasoncastro.com.
About Word Entertainment
A leader in the music industry for over 60 years, Word Entertainment, a Warner/Curb company, is a unique, comprehensive entertainment company comprised of multi-faceted artist service departments including publishing, merchandising, booking, and online initiatives. Word Entertainment represents some of the top names and brands in music, including Meredith Andrews, Chris August, BarlowGirl, Francesca Battistelli, Big Daddy Weave, Jason Castro, Patrick Ryan Clark, Everfound, for KING & COUNTRY, Group 1 Crew, Dara Maclean, Point Of Grace and Sidewalk Prophets and is home to 25 Entertainment, Word Distribution (representing Curb Records and Big Idea/VeggieTales among others), Word Print, Word Music Publishing and Word Label Group's Word Records and Fervent Records.
- Cancer Survivor Tracy Randall Joins Philadelphia's "Faith Against Cancer" Gospel Concert
- Lisa Page Brooks Meets Stroke Survivor in Baltimore, MD
- Christian Singer Carman Has Successful Kickstarter and Announces 24 State, 60 City Tour!
- Chris Tomlin Tour Hits The Road with the Burning Lights Tour and Live Concert DVD
- Michael W. Smith Announces 2014 “Michael W. Smith & Friends Cruise” To Alaska
- Holly Starr's 'Don't Have Love' Surpasses 500,000 Youtube Views
- New Artist Julie Elias Set To Perform At LifeLight Festival Memorial Day Weekend
- Christian Musician Summit Launches New Retail Website for Church Musicians
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Jeremiah Jones Talks About Laura Story's Hit Song, His New Album and Song Writing
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK