iPhone 6 Rumors: Bigger Screen Size, 12 Megapixel Camera, Fingerprint Sensors?
The iPhone 6, or iPhone 5S as it's sometimes referred to, is winding up the rumor mill as Apple nerds speculate on bigger screen size, improved camera, upgraded A7 processor and the possibility of a fingerprint sensor for security. The iPhone 6 is scheduled for a late 2013, early 2014 launch.
Apple knows the iPhone 6, or iPhone 5S will need to compete with bigger phones like increasingly the popular Samsung Galaxy S3 and HTC J Butterfly. The buzz seems to be leaning towards a 4.8-inch screen; the same size as the Samsung Galaxy S3. Some have even reported the larger screen size would be used for a completely new model, the "iPhone Math." (China Times)
Apple is also rumored to be developing an iPad Mini with a phone that would compete in the tablet/phone market with the Samsung Galaxy Note.
Like Us on Facebook
The camera and processor seem to be two of the standard upgrades for every new iPhone launch. The iPhone 6, or iPhone 5S is believed to come with a 12-megapixel camera, a 4-megapixel upgrade from last year. The iPhone 6 is likely to bump up to an A7 chip processor to assist with increasingly complex tasks.
A juicier, more "wow" worthy iPhone 6 rumor is the possibility of fingerprint sensors for security. Apple recently purchased mobile network security company AuthenTec for $356 million. No surprise where the rumors started, AuthenTec manufactures fingerprint sensors. Does this mean instead of a pass code the iPhone 6 will only unlock to my unique fingerprint?
Many speculate the iPhone 5S may come out sooner as Apple's "budget" phone reverting to the same plastic casing as the iPhone 3G and 3GS.
- Christian Singer Carman Has Successful Kickstarter and Announces 24 State, 60 City Tour!
- Chris Tomlin Tour Hits The Road with the Burning Lights Tour and Live Concert DVD
- Michael W. Smith Announces 2014 “Michael W. Smith & Friends Cruise” To Alaska
- Holly Starr's 'Don't Have Love' Surpasses 500,000 Youtube Views
- New Artist Julie Elias Set To Perform At LifeLight Festival Memorial Day Weekend
- Christian Musician Summit Launches New Retail Website for Church Musicians
- Toddzero To Release First Full-Length Album On June 4th
- Whosoever South Kicks Off Media Tour in Support of Debut Album
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Jeremiah Jones Talks About Laura Story's Hit Song, His New Album and Song Writing
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK