iPhone 5S: 4.8-inch Display, Wireless Charging, Fingerprint Sensors?
The iPhone 5S rumors are heating up. This year's batch includes bigger screen size, wireless charging, improved camera and the possibility of a fingerprint sensor for security.
Bigger Screen Size
To compete with larger phones like the increasingly threatening Samsung Galaxy S3, Apple insiders believe the iPhone 5S will need a screen enhancement. Though Apple CEO Tim Cook maintains the current 4-inch display as optima, the buzz is leaning towards a 4.8-inch Retina Display; the same size as the Samsung Galaxy S3.
Like Us on Facebook
Some have even reported the larger screen size would be saved for a completely new model, the "iPhone Math." An odd name for a new phone, "Math" is believed to have lost a little meaning in translation. (China Times)
Apple is also rumored to be developing an iPad Mini with a phone that would compete in the tablet/phone market with the Samsung Galaxy Note.
Apple fan boys have been geeking out over wireless charging for the last couple iPhone installments. There may be significant evidence this year may finally be the year. Last month, Apple patented Wireless Power Utilization, a wireless charging system with NFMR, near-field magnetic resonance. Get excited!
12-Megapixel Camera, Enhanced Flash and A7 Processor
The camera and processor seem to be two of the standard upgrades for every new iPhone launch. The next iPhone is believed to come with a 12-megapixel camera, a 4-megapixel upgrade from last year and enhance rear flash capabilities. Following the Apple trend, the iPhone 5S is also likely to bump up to an A7 chip processor to assist with increasingly complex tasks.
Fingerprint Security Sensors
A juicier, more "wow" worthy new iPhone rumor is the possibility of fingerprint sensors for security. Apple recently purchased mobile network security company AuthenTec for $356 million. No surprise where the rumors started, AuthenTec manufactures fingerprint sensors. Does this mean instead of a pass code the iPhone 6 will only unlock to my unique fingerprint?
iPhone 5S, 6 Release Date
Many believe the iPhone 5S could be scheduled for a mid 2013 release, while most maintain a late 2013, early 2014 launch for the iPhone 6.
- Creation Festival 2013 NORTHEAST: June 26-29 in Mt. Union,PA - NORTHWEST: August 7-10 in Enumclaw,WA
- Mark Schultz Says 'I Gave Up' In New Radio Single
- Monroe Hopper Passes Away
- Laurie Cardoza Moore to address WCICC Leadership
- Word Entertainment & 25 Entertainment Announce The 2013-14 "Girls of Grace" Season Presented By Childfund (VIDEO)
- Luminate Enjoys Success on Rock N' Worship Roadshow & Believe Tours
- Francesca Battistelli New Album Coming Out Soon?
- Laura Story's 'Blessings' Album Goes Gold, Joins Show Hope Concert May 26 in Nashville with Casting Crowns, Steven Curtis Chapman & Others
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK