Interview with Anita Wilson
Interview with Anita Wilson for BREATHEcast.com
Could you introduce us yourself and your record?
I grew up in E. St. Louis, IL. I've been A Pastor's kid since I can remember. My Dad was also a singer and musician so he was my first influence of music.
I moved to Chicago in 1999. There I met Vashawn Mitchell in 2002 and I did some background work for him. Ultimately, I was introduced to Donald Lawrence and chosen to be a part of Donald Lawrence & Co. (2004). In 2010 I was led to record a solo project called "Worship Soul". This name is reflective of the sound you'll hear when listening to the project. It mixes all of my musical influences together. What's most important is it has a focus of worship and praise to God.
Like Us on Facebook
What is your vision as a musician?
To be God's voice. To deliver music (by singing and/or writing) that exercises excellence in musical skill but primarily brings glory to God and uplifts and inspires each listener. Life Changing Music.
Can you tell us story behind the song "Speechless"?
Rick Robinson, who is the writer of the classic Worship Anthem "More Than Anything", wrote "Speechless". It's a love song to God that lets God know just how overwhelming and breathtaking His love is to us. I wish I could find words to express it....but I can't. "Lord You leave me Speechless".
What are the main themes or topics for most of your songs?
Allowing God's will to be done in our lives. Trusting Him when we can't trace Him. God's love. Desiring more of God. Praising God continually.
Where do you most often find God?
In difficult or unpleasant circumstances. He shows himself faithful and strategic.
How can music help us overcome the hard times in our lives?
Music is an effective tool of inspiration. If we allow it to, it will help us to focus on the positive and not the negative and allows us to see how the situation can develop us. It can calm our spirits as well as be a comfort.
- The Perry's Tracy Stuffle Latest Medical Update and Recovery Process
- Chris Tomlin 'Burning Lights' Tour to Have Second Leg This Fall 2013, See Full Dates Here (VIDEO)
- 1 Girl Nation (1GN) Joins Reunion Records And Announces Debut, Self-Titled Release Due August 20
- Plumb Travels to Brooklyn to Experience the Work of Metro World Child
- Tracy Stuffle Medical Update, The Perry's Singer, Having Rough Week in Hospital, Prayers Needed
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Audio Adrenaline on Red Carpet at K-Love Awards (VIDEO)
- Grammy and Dove Award Nominated Recording Artist Mr. Del, Celebrates Highly Anticipated Project FAITH WALKA
- Matthew West to Perform at First-Ever Sunday Morning at CMA Fest
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- A Father’s Day Exclusive Interview: Singer/songwriter Todd MacDonald’ Dad Talks about His Son, Death and Being a Dad
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK