Why Christian Music?
Why are you working with a Christian music website?
Why don't you work somewhere where you can write about real topics?
Those are the questions my journalist friends asked me when I told them I was working with Breathecast.com as an editor. My friends wanted to know why I would report and write about Christian music instead of more "serious" topics occurring in the world today. I come from a hard news background. I've worked at several newspapers and magazines across the country. Think about the worse the world has to offer and I've most likely covered it. Murder, domestic violence, drug dealing and child abuse, you name a horrible topic and I've covered it. And honestly, reporting and writing about those subjects took a toll on me.
Like Us on Facebook
It drained the life out of me constantly covering the worse society had to offer. I needed a change. I needed and wanted to cover uplifting stories and talk about something that inspired and motivated people in a positive way. So, here I am. What could be more positive and uplifting than Christian music? The artist and fans of Christian music are so positive and wonderful to work with. I actually look forward to coming to work each day because now I write about the best society has to offer.
It's cliché to say Christian music changes lives, but I've learned that it does. Artist like Mandisa, Colton Dixon, Brandon Heath and LeCrae have dedicated their lives to inspiring people to live better lives and give praise to God. I think about how Robin Roberts on her return to Good Morning America, remarked how Mandisa's hit song "Stronger" served as a source of strength while she underwent cancer treatment. That tells you the power Christian music has to inspire people and change lives. I can't think of a nobler cause.
And that's why I'm working in the Christian music industry.
- Casting Crowns Release Acoustic Album, Get K-Love Awards Nomination & Make Cameo in New Movie
- Big Daddy Weave Releases New Single, "The Only Name," To Radio Today
- Deitrick Haddon Nominated for 2013 BET Award-A Beautiful Soul CD
- Carman Announces 60-City U.S. Tour, Offers Tickets to Kickstarter Backers 1st as Kickstarter Campaign Exceeds $233,000, Becomes 2nd Most Successful Kickstarter Music Project Ever
- Winter Jam Audiences 'Reset' With Nick Hall
- Andrew Peterson Returns To Grand Ole Opry
- Jason Castro Commenced Shooting For The Gmc Movie "The Perfect Summer" On May 13
- Billboard Gospel Chart Debut At #8 For Bishop K.W. Brown Presents Earl Bynum and The Mount Unity Choir
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK