I Hear Music, Inc., Headed By Mover & Shaker Tracey Artis, Claims Top Spots On Billboard's Year End Gospel Chart
2012 was a great year for Gospel music. I Hear Music, Inc., a promotions and marketing firm founded by gospel industry veteran Tracey Artis, has been blessed to promote some of the top records of the year. Billboard's Top Gospel Songs of the Year Chart report that the number 1 and number 2 songs were represented by I Hear Music. "Let The Church Say Amen" by Andrae' Crouch (featuring Pastor Marvin Winans) and "Awesome" by Pastor Charles Jenkins round out the top spots on the chart. Artis' company also had two other tracks in the Top Ten: Marvin Sapp's "My Testimony" (#3) and Mary Mary's "Go Get It" (#9). Other singles worked by Artis include Isaac Carree's "In The Middle" (#13), Byron Cage's "Great and Mighty" (#16), and Patrick Dopson's "Keep Me" (#18). Artis has also assisted with radio promotions and marketing for EMI Gospel's Anita Wilson who placed at #34 with "Speechless". In addition, Mary Mary, Marvin Sapp, Israel Houghton and Anita Wilson were recently honored with GRAMMY Award Nominations.
Like Us on Facebook
Artis is humbled by the recognition. "I was sitting today reflecting on the year and was told that at year end for Billboard, my firm had singles one and two on the chart; for this I am grateful," says Tracey. "I am grateful to have had the opportunity to work with a living legend Pastor Andrae Crouch and Pastor Charles Jenkins who penned songs that have made the whole world sing."
Artis got her start in the Gospel music industry when she joined the staff of Gospo Centric Records in 1997 as the company's Radio Manager. She later went on to become Vice President of Gospel Promotions in 2001 and in 2004 when the label merged with Verity Records (Sony Division). Her industry insight helped to drive the power and success of some of contemporary Gospel music's biggest names. Under her watch and visionary promotions plans, the world witnessed the Gold and Platinum Certification of groups and award-winning artists including Trin-i-tee 5:7, Kirk Franklin and the Family, God's Property featuring Kirk Franklin, Kurt Carr and The Kurt Carr Singers, Dorinda Clark Cole, Byron Cage, J. Moss and Marvin Sapp. In 2009, Artis made her departure from her corporate affiliation with Verity Gospel Music Group, a division of recording industry giant Sony BMG, and launched her independent promotions and marketing company I Hear Music, Inc. For more information on I Hear Music, log on to www.ihearmusicintheair.com.
- Tquan Moore Selected For Springboard South Music Festival
- Devin Mcglamery Celebrates Love Is A Verb Release
- Javen & Friends Send Praises High During CD Release Concert
- Smokie Norful's Song Say So Available Digitally May 28th
- Cancer Survivor Tracy Randall Joins Philadelphia's "Faith Against Cancer" Gospel Concert
- Lisa Page Brooks Meets Stroke Survivor in Baltimore, MD
- Christian Singer Carman Has Successful Kickstarter and Announces 24 State, 60 City Tour!
- Chris Tomlin Tour Hits The Road with the Burning Lights Tour and Live Concert DVD
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Jeremiah Jones Talks About Laura Story's Hit Song, His New Album and Song Writing
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK