Hillsong LIVE Returns with July 3 Release: "Cornerstone"
Hillsong LIVE is the expression of worship from the globally influential Hillsong Church. This year Hillsong LIVE returns with their latest church resource, Cornerstone, which will release on Sparrow Records July 03, 2012. This album will mark the 21st LIVE release from Hillsong. This local church creative team has a commitment to continually resource the Body of Christ with fresh songs of worship and a deep passion to see people connect with the Living God in a real and personal way.
Cornerstone was recorded in Sydney, Australia last fall with tens of thousands in worship at filled-to-capacity Allphones Arena. It captures the heart and sound of Hillsong Church globally representing the coming together of the Hillsong worship teams from around the world including Reuben Morgan, Joel Houston, Ben Fielding, Darlene Zschech and the international teams from London, Stockholm and Cape Town. This album offers fresh, new songs to congregations worldwide with a simple desire to place emphasis on Jesus and a prayer that people everywhere will be encouraged to find hope in Christ, the Cornerstone.
Like Us on Facebook
This new resource is filled with songs such as the title track, a new anthem “Beneath The Waters” (I Will Rise), an upbeat praise song, “Running” as well as the debut radio single “Hope of the World.” Cornerstone showcases 11 brand new songs written by Reuben Morgan, Hillsong UNITED, Brooke Fraser and others. It will be available for sale as a CD, DVD and a Physical Deluxe version that contains both the CD and DVD in one special package.
The idea behind Cornerstone was birthed out of an international tragedy last summer in Norway when more than 70 innocent victims, many children, were killed. Hillsong’s worship leader Reuben Morgan shares his response to this frightening shooting as he was visiting the Scandinavian Peninsula.
“When you write songs that people sing as part of their worship to God there is a bit of your soul that shares the aches of those around you. When there is tragedy, the song of lament wakes up with you, and when there is joy, the sound of praise fills your ears. To some it might seem really odd to reach for a guitar when tears are falling on scuffed up shoes, but I really don’t know any other way of being.”
While Cornerstone may have been inspired at that moment, Morgan says the message is even bigger, posing a question for every citizen of the world to answer: Who or what do we turn towards for our strength? This album, like all of Hillsong’s projects, is more than a group of songs, it is a profound message that builds faith, stirs the soul and asks and answers the big questions.
“We only just have the time to forget the face of the gunman when another chorus of sirens wail,” explains Morgan. “We have barely cleaned up after the flood when an earthquake strikes. When the earth shakes, we look to our feet and wonder what it is that we are standing on.”
Hillsong LIVE will be coming back to the U.S. to tour Cornerstone beginning in the fall. Details and tour dates to be announced at a later date.
About Hillsong LIVE:
Hillsong LIVE is the congregational expression of worship from Hillsong Church - a local church with global influence. Their music captures the heart and sound of Hillsong Church globally and represents the coming together of the Hillsong worship team from around the world; including Reuben Morgan, Joel Houston, Ben Fielding, Hillsong UNITED, and international teams from London, Stockholm and Cape Town. Since 1992, Hillsong LIVE has resourced the local church and received gold and platinum album status multiple times, writing such well known worship songs as "Shout To The Lord", "Inside Out", "Hosanna", "The Stand" and “Mighty to Save,” which was awarded the 2009 Dove for Worship Song of the Year. The Hillsong brands have sold more than 11 million albums.
About Hillsong Church:
In August 1983, Brian and Bobbie Houston founded the Hills Christian Life Centre. It has grown from a congregation of 45 to what is said to be the largest church in Australian history. Today Hillsong Church Sydney has a total attendance in Sydney of over 20,000 on any given weekend, the reputation of the church continues to expand, having a dynamic influence and impact in Australia and many other nations. Hillsong Church has churches across the globe. Besides Sydney and Brisbane in Australia, Hillsong Church has campuses in London, Kiev, Cape Town, New York City, Moscow, Stockholm, Paris, Konstanz, Amsterdam, Melbourne and Copenhagen.
Connect with Hillsong LIVE
BREATHEcast brings you daily exclusive Christian music news
LIKE BREATHEcast on Facebook: www.facebook.com/didyoubreathetoday
Follow BREATHEcast: @BREATHEcast
- The Perry's Tracy Stuffle Latest Medical Update and Recovery Process
- Chris Tomlin 'Burning Lights' Tour to Have Second Leg This Fall 2013, See Full Dates Here (VIDEO)
- 1 Girl Nation (1GN) Joins Reunion Records And Announces Debut, Self-Titled Release Due August 20
- Plumb Travels to Brooklyn to Experience the Work of Metro World Child
- Tracy Stuffle Medical Update, The Perry's Singer, Having Rough Week in Hospital, Prayers Needed
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Audio Adrenaline on Red Carpet at K-Love Awards (VIDEO)
- Grammy and Dove Award Nominated Recording Artist Mr. Del, Celebrates Highly Anticipated Project FAITH WALKA
- Matthew West to Perform at First-Ever Sunday Morning at CMA Fest
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- A Father’s Day Exclusive Interview: Singer/songwriter Todd MacDonald’ Dad Talks about His Son, Death and Being a Dad
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK