“Heal The Land” Single To Benefit The My Sandy Hook Family Fund
Washington DC based JPE Music announces the release of the single "Heal The Land" This endearing and poignant ballad of comfort and healing has been written and dedicated to the families who lost their children and loved ones during the Sandy Hook Elementary School Shootings in Newtown Connecticut. "Heal The Land" gently soothes the heart as its lyrics express the perplexity our nation has felt since this tragedy and the cry for healing and peace in our land. The song features the harmonious voices of Dave Hammond (brother to Gospel Legend Fred Hammond) and Jeremiah Hicks ("Kings Men Tour" background vocalist). Initially written as a healing tool, the song quickly took on a much greater purpose as God laid it on the Jaye's heart to donate all the proceeds from the sale of this single to the My Sandy Hook Family Fund .
Like Us on Facebook
Emotionally powerful in its own right, the song was written and produced by Jaye Harmon. Jaye is predominately known for his career as a radio announcer that spanned over 25 years, as well as his dynamic gift of serving as Musical Director for several prominent churches and mega-churches in the Washington, DC area. Beyond radio, Jaye's true passion in music is writing inspiring, noteworthy lyrics and producing music in excellence as displayed in "Heal The Land". Jaye has written for, produced and/or worked with a variety of notable artist: Edwin Hawkins, Dorinda Clark, Darius Brooks, Y'anna Crawley, Izzy, Bruce Parham, Troy Sneed and more. Jaye is a graduate of Sheffield School of the Arts as well as Audio Institute of America and currently serves as CEO of Jayez Pad Entertainment, the parent company for JPE Music.
Featured vocalist Dave Hammond is a phenomenal talent who for the past 13 years has been in full time ministry working as booking manager, road manager, and singer for his brother, Grammy®, Stellar and Dove Award winner Fred Hammond. Dave has performed live and recorded background vocals for Yolanda Adams, CeCe Winans, Donnie McClurkin, Patrick Dobson, Michael McDonald, Shirley Caesar, Kelly Price, and Stevie Wonder. Dave is the CEO of Hammond Booking, an agency which books talent for various special concerts and events. Dave presently serves as Worship Leader for Hope Aglow Empowerment Center.
Jeremiah Hicks is a brilliant Praise and Worship leader who enjoys bringing people into fellowship with God through music that glorifies Him. He is a preacher of the gospel and currently serves as the Minister of Music at New Home Baptist Church in Landover, Maryland. Jeremiah is a member of two noted Washington, D.C. base gospel groups - Mike McCoy & Voices United and Charles Butler &Trinity. Jeremiah has performed with and on notable recordings by Byron Cage (Memoirs of a Worshipper), Stephen Hurd (Oh That Men Would Worship) Marvin Sapp (I Win) and Earnest Pugh (Rain on Us). Jeremiah most recently performed as background singer on the 2012 "King's Men Tour" that featured Kirk Franklin, Donnie McClurkin, Israel Houghton and Marvin Sapp.
- The Perry's Tracy Stuffle Latest Medical Update and Recovery Process
- Chris Tomlin 'Burning Lights' Tour to Have Second Leg This Fall 2013, See Full Dates Here (VIDEO)
- 1 Girl Nation (1GN) Joins Reunion Records And Announces Debut, Self-Titled Release Due August 20
- Plumb Travels to Brooklyn to Experience the Work of Metro World Child
- Tracy Stuffle Medical Update, The Perry's Singer, Having Rough Week in Hospital, Prayers Needed
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Audio Adrenaline on Red Carpet at K-Love Awards (VIDEO)
- Grammy and Dove Award Nominated Recording Artist Mr. Del, Celebrates Highly Anticipated Project FAITH WALKA
- Matthew West to Perform at First-Ever Sunday Morning at CMA Fest
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- A Father’s Day Exclusive Interview: Singer/songwriter Todd MacDonald’ Dad Talks about His Son, Death and Being a Dad
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK