Grave Robber Brings Horror Punk to Christian Music
As we previously reported on BREATHEcast, Christian music is segmented just as much as, if not more than, mainstream music. That means that every genre of music has at least one Christian delegate - including horror punk.
Like Us on Facebook
The Grave Robber band is the brainchild of two musicians (known on stage as Wretched and Carcass) who choose to minister God's Word via a brand of frightening rock and roll a la The Misfits, Alice Cooper and Type O Negative.
"Carcass and I both came up with the idea, about the same time," Wretched said in an interview with HigherRockMusic.com regarding Grave Robber's formation. "We were actually in church, and the message being preached was from Romans 6, about being dead to the world, being dead to self, and being dead to sin. Immediately following, we took communion, which is symbolic of eating the flesh and drinking the blood of Christ. So, it was kind of...we're dead, and we eat flesh and drink blood...
"We thought, can we get away with it? Is it even possible to do a Christian horror band? We decided to pray about it and two years later we had our first rehearsal."
Despite influences by their secular rock counterparts, the guys of Grave Robber are quite serious about their mission through music. No matter how scary they may sound, they are trying to save people from an eternity that is far scarier.
Grave Robber's official bio explains perfectly:
Predetermined in the mind of The Reanimator at The Void, Grave Robber was unleashed upon an unsuspecting, pre-apocalyptic Earth, A.D. 2005.
As wounded and mutilated souls suffering curses unfathomable, death was their eternal verdict. Once submitting to The Reanimator as their Master, inviting The Ghost to indwell within them, and electing to die to themselves, the zombie slaves escaped the clutches of the grave.
Now, these devil's rejects arm themselves with sonic, vibratory executions and images of horrific realities, bringing an onslaught of sound and warning that will ring into eternity. Rest assured, you will be afraid. You will be very afraid.
Grave Robber is currently touring around their Fort Wayne, Indiana, homebase. Following is a list of upcoming shows. Visit the band's ReverbNation page for ticket details.
Monday, February 25, 8:00 p.m. - The Back Door, Moline, IL
Tuesday, February 26, 7:00 p.m. - Nathan P. Murphy's, Springfield, MO
Wednesday, February 27, 6:30 p.m. - Downtown Music, Little Rock, AR
Thursday, February 28, 6:00 p.m. - The Venue, Terre Haute, IN
Friday, March 1, 8:00 p.m. - Mahogany's Bar, Latonia, KY
Saturday, March 2, 9:00 p.m. - Club Panama, Springfield, OH
- Casting Crowns Release Acoustic Album, Get K-Love Awards Nomination & Make Cameo in New Movie
- Big Daddy Weave Releases New Single, "The Only Name," To Radio Today
- Deitrick Haddon Nominated for 2013 BET Award-A Beautiful Soul CD
- Carman Announces 60-City U.S. Tour, Offers Tickets to Kickstarter Backers 1st as Kickstarter Campaign Exceeds $233,000, Becomes 2nd Most Successful Kickstarter Music Project Ever
- Winter Jam Audiences 'Reset' With Nick Hall
- Andrew Peterson Returns To Grand Ole Opry
- Jason Castro Commenced Shooting For The Gmc Movie "The Perfect Summer" On May 13
- Billboard Gospel Chart Debut At #8 For Bishop K.W. Brown Presents Earl Bynum and The Mount Unity Choir
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK