Kari Jobe Receives First GRAMMY Nomination Rounding Out A Great 2012
Kari Jobe has had an astonishing 2012 that has earned this premier female worship leader her first GRAMMY nomination for "Best Contemporary Christian Music Album" (Where I Find You). Since releasing her sophomore album Where I Find You on Sparrow Records in January, Jobe joined the Winter Jam Tour, released an acoustic EP and headlined her first tour this fall. To top off 2012, Jobe released a Christmas edition of Where I Find You and is currently headlining "A Christmas Tour" with special guest Warren Barfield.
Like Us on Facebook
"I feel so incredibly blessed in this season," shares Kari Jobe. "God is such a good giver of dreams and more than anything, I am so thankful that God is using my music to help people draw closer to the Lord. It is so precious to be a part of the Kingdom of God in this hour. I'm beyond honored."
Produced by Ed Cash (Chris Tomlin, Chris August) and Matt Bronleewe (Natalie Imbruglia, Josh Wilson), Where I Find You released with chart topping street week numbers at No. 1 and No. 10 on Billboard's National Christian, Gospel and Top 200 Charts. The radio singles "We Are" and "Steady My Heart" saw much success at AC Monitored and Indicator charts as well as the National Christian Audience chart. The album also received much praise from a wide range of media outlets including the New York Times.
"Few Christian-rock singers have more certainty in their voice, delivered with more brightness, than Kari Jobe does on her lovely new album Where I Find You"
- New York Times
"In a God honoring, prayerful, and passionate release that is equal parts intimacy and exuberant uptempo proclamation, exultation, and adoration, Jobe once again breathes her warm, sweet, pure pop/rock"
- Worship Leader
"Hands down Kari's best work to date"
"Passionately delivered project"
"Where I Find You is an engaging project that stretches Jobe both sonically and thematically"
- CBN Music
Jobe released a special EP, The Acoustic Sessions in July that featured acoustic versions of her most popular songs plus two acoustic performance videos. The Acoustic Sessions peaked at the top of the iTunes Christian and Gospel album chart where it remained in the Top 10 for several weeks.
After an inspirational and highly attended run on the Winter Jam Tour, Jobe headlined her first tour this fall with special guests All Sons & Daughters. In addition to Jobe's successful 2012 projects, she released Where I Find You Christmas Edition digitally in November and has begun her Christmas tour (dates below). Next year, she will begin her 2013 on tour with Chris Tomlin. Click here for her complete list of tour dates coming up.
Kari Jobe Christmas Tour Dates
12/07/12 Fayetteville, AR Christian Life Cathedral
12/08/12 Waco, TX Highland Church
12/09/12 Burnett, TX Hill Country Fellowship
12/13/12 Little Rock, AR First Little Rock
12/14/12 Cleburne, TX Eastern Heights Church
12/15/12 Shreveport, LA Word of Life Ministries
12/16/12 New Orleans, LA Calvary Baptist
About Kari Jobe:
After being established as one of the premier worship leaders with her Dove Award-winning, self-titled debut, Kari Jobe continues to serve as a worship pastor at Gateway Church in Southlake, Texas, and has released her highly anticipated follow-up album, Where I Find You, this year on Sparrow Records. Jobe also invests her time and love in partnering with the A21 Campaign, an organization dedicated to abolishing human trafficking in the 21st century. With over 27 million affected by human trafficking, Jobe feels a responsibility to do everything she can for this organization. She and her sister, Kris created an exclusive line of jewelry and t-shirts where all the proceeds go to the cause of bringing an end to human trafficking and injustice.
CONNECT WITH KARI JOBE:
- The Perry's Tracy Stuffle Latest Medical Update and Recovery Process
- Chris Tomlin 'Burning Lights' Tour to Have Second Leg This Fall 2013, See Full Dates Here (VIDEO)
- 1 Girl Nation (1GN) Joins Reunion Records And Announces Debut, Self-Titled Release Due August 20
- Plumb Travels to Brooklyn to Experience the Work of Metro World Child
- Tracy Stuffle Medical Update, The Perry's Singer, Having Rough Week in Hospital, Prayers Needed
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Audio Adrenaline on Red Carpet at K-Love Awards (VIDEO)
- Grammy and Dove Award Nominated Recording Artist Mr. Del, Celebrates Highly Anticipated Project FAITH WALKA
- Matthew West to Perform at First-Ever Sunday Morning at CMA Fest
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- A Father’s Day Exclusive Interview: Singer/songwriter Todd MacDonald’ Dad Talks about His Son, Death and Being a Dad
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK