GOSPEL MUSIC ASSOCIATION Announces Partnership With LIFEWAY
- IMMERSE, the Gospel Music Association's Music Training Experience, is pleased to announce it's fifth annual event, May 26-29, 2013. In a unique partnership, IMMERSE will be held in its entirety at LifeWay Christian Resources corporate headquarters in downtown Nashville, TN. Registration opens today, January 17 at www.ExperienceIMMERSE.com.
This partnership was created with the attendee in mind. LifeWay's 21-acre campus allows IMMERSE to be held entirely in one location, with more than one million square feet of space for concerts, conferences, networking events and meals. With easy access to Music City's downtown sites and Music Row, IMMERSE offers an amazing educational experience in the heart of, what the New York Times has called, our nation's latest "It" city.
Like Us on Facebook
"I am grateful to the leadership at LifeWay for opening their extensive campus to IMMERSE," explains Jackie Patillo, Executive Director of GMA. "Their commitment to excellence and willingness to facilitate this conference is exciting. This partnership is in keeping with GMA's goal is to bring the music industry together to pour into the lives of our future leaders."
IMMERSE is the only event of its kind where up and coming songwriters and business professionals can get hands-on training directed by industry leaders in literally every aspect of a music career. Staying true to the Gospel Music Association's mission to expose, promote and celebrate the Gospel through music, IMMERSE seeks to inspire artistry and commerce, while keeping it's focus solely on Christ.
Programming for the 2013 event will include classes in music business, songwriting and artist development. As in past years, IMMERSE will offer unprecedented access to some of the most influential executive industry leaders in Christian music. Conference speakers, competition judges and live guest performers will be announced in the upcoming weeks.
Last year's successful reVIEWyou program will return for 2013 as well. reVIEWyou combines mentoring with a songwriting and performance competition, creating scenarios for writers and performers to receive feedback and on-stage opportunities. An impressive list of mentors and prizes are being secured, and will be announced at a later date.
"LifeWay is proud to partner with the GMA to present IMMERSE," explains Mike Harland, Director of LifeWay Worship. "The heart of our calling is to serve churches in their mission of making disciples that will take the Gospel to the world. We believe IMMERSE does that by equipping young creatives with the tools to spread the Gospel through music. We are thrilled to be part of it!"
IMMERSE 2013 will be held May 26-29 at the LifeWay Christian Resources Building, 1 LifeWay Plaza, Nashville, TN 37234. Registration opens January 17, 2013 at http://www.ExperienceIMMERSE.com
About the GOSPEL MUSIC ASSOCIATION:
Founded in 1964, the Gospel Music Association serves as the face and voice for the Gospel/Christian music community and is dedicated to exposing, promoting and celebrating the Gospel through music of all styles including Pop, Rock, Praise & Worship, Urban Gospel, R&B, Hip Hop, Southern Gospel, Bluegrass, Country and more. The GMA community consists of agents, artists, church leaders, managers, promoters, radio personnel, record company executives, retailers, songwriters and other industry visionaries. The GMA produces the GMA Dove Awards and IMMERSE. For more on supporting the GMA or becoming a member, please visit www.gospelmusic.org.
LifeWay Christian Resources, established in Nashville, TN in 1891, is one of the world's largest providers of Christian products and services, including Bibles, church literature, books, music, audio and video recordings, church supplies and internet services through LifeWay.com. The company also operates 160 LifeWay Christian Stores across the nation, one of the largest Christian conference centers in the country, and B&H Publishing Group, a leading Bible and Christian book publisher. www.LifeWay.com
- Casting Crowns Release Acoustic Album, Get K-Love Awards Nomination & Make Cameo in New Movie
- Big Daddy Weave Releases New Single, "The Only Name," To Radio Today
- Deitrick Haddon Nominated for 2013 BET Award-A Beautiful Soul CD
- Carman Announces 60-City U.S. Tour, Offers Tickets to Kickstarter Backers 1st as Kickstarter Campaign Exceeds $233,000, Becomes 2nd Most Successful Kickstarter Music Project Ever
- Winter Jam Audiences 'Reset' With Nick Hall
- Andrew Peterson Returns To Grand Ole Opry
- Jason Castro Commenced Shooting For The Gmc Movie "The Perfect Summer" On May 13
- Billboard Gospel Chart Debut At #8 For Bishop K.W. Brown Presents Earl Bynum and The Mount Unity Choir
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK