Gospel Artist Rob Mercer's New Project Draws Critical Acclaim
Inspirational artist Rob Mercer has been enjoying the feedback he's been receiving on his latest release,The Photo Album. A clever mix of musical influences including Gospel, Jazz and Contemporary Christian music, The Photo Album is Mercer's debut release. With production from noted CCM recording artist Antonio Neal, Tyrone Johnson (Swizz Beatz), Ken Andres (Troy Sneed) and jazz extraordinaire Allyn Johnson, the new release has been catching the ear of the industry.
Like Us on Facebook
"Rob Mercer is a tremendous gift in worship and music. His sound is pure and clean. You really need this project. His work is AMAZING!!!"
- Stephen Hurd, Stellar Award Winning Worship Leader & Gospel Artist
"When I first heard the demo, I knew 'God Alone' would impact many people all around the world. In "God Alone" is a gift that gently eases your mind away from the trials of life to the One who holds it in His hand. Rob Mercer is a phenomenal person with a sound that reaches the heart."
- Antonio Neal, CCM Recording Artist, Songwriter and Producer
"I always knew when I first met Rob Mercer as an undergrad at Hampton University that he had a praise on the inside that would be for the nations. This project personifies that premonition without a doubt. Go forth, my little brother!"
- Carlton Burgess, Renowned Gospel Singer & Songwriter
The Photo Album was borne during a painful time in Rob's life. After a divorce, Rob poured himself into his music. "I was in my room one day talking to God - actually complaining to God - about my current situation and how things could have ended like that, when I heard God say, 'Instead of telling me your problems, talk about me. Talk about all that I have done for you,'" recounts Rob. He apologized to God and said, "God I don't ever want you to see that type of picture of me again." That one conversation was the impetus for the title of the CD, The Photo Album.
Rob recently released the official video for the lead single, "God Alone", an acoustic guitar-driven tune. A soft and sweet song, "God Alone" puts the lover of God in a reflective place of worship. Filmed on the day that Rob's father passed, the video for "God Alone" is a reminder that our true strength comes only from God. Fans of the artist can view the video for "God Alone" here: http://bit.ly/YAtyQO.
Rob will be holding an Online Listening Party on CJBRadio.com on Tuesday, February 19th at 4PM ET. In addition to being interviewed, Mercer will be showcasing songs from the brand new CD. Rob invites people to tune in towww.CJBRadio.com. Also, Rob will be making an appearance on WATC-TV's Atlanta Live. The show feature Rob singing songs from the new album and will air on Monday, February 25, 2013 at 7PM ET. The program will stream live at www.watc.tv and airs on the NRB Network on DirecTV weekdays at 8AM ET.
- Tquan Moore Selected For Springboard South Music Festival
- Devin Mcglamery Celebrates Love Is A Verb Release
- Javen & Friends Send Praises High During CD Release Concert
- Smokie Norful's Song Say So Available Digitally May 28th
- Cancer Survivor Tracy Randall Joins Philadelphia's "Faith Against Cancer" Gospel Concert
- Lisa Page Brooks Meets Stroke Survivor in Baltimore, MD
- Christian Singer Carman Has Successful Kickstarter and Announces 24 State, 60 City Tour!
- Chris Tomlin Tour Hits The Road with the Burning Lights Tour and Live Concert DVD
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Jeremiah Jones Talks About Laura Story's Hit Song, His New Album and Song Writing
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK