Gloria Gaither Praises David Teems' Tyndale Biography in Homecoming Magazine
Gospel musica icon Gloria Gaither has featured Thomas Nelson author David Teems' latest release, Tyndale: The Man Who Gave God An English Voice, as her favorite "Bookshelf Pick" in the "Gloria's Book Club" column published in the September/October 2012 issue of Homecoming Magazine.
"From the time we first met David Teems, I have loved this man's heart, mind and writing," Gaither says in her review. "I have followed the trail, both of his words to music and also his poetry and prose - the depth of his soul, the sharpness of his insights and the breadth of his subject matter. These, added to the tender compassion and sensitivity of his art, have culminated in the carefully researched and beautifully written Tyndale: The Man Who Gave God An English Voice."
Like Us on Facebook
Gaither's praise follows a review of Teems' biography in the latest edition of London's prestigious The Tyndale Society Journal, where reviewer and reknowned Tyndale scholar Dr. William Cooper writes, "It is an unfashionable thing today to speak of spiritual matters in any biography, but Teems, rightly, is not afraid to do so...Teems' biography will refresh many people's thinking concerning the unique and remarkable man, William Tyndale."
Teems is no stranger to accolades for his scholarly, yet remarkable, biographies. 100 Huntley Street host Jim Cantelon called his biography, Majestie: The King Behind the King James Bible, "...one of the best written books I've ever read."
Tyndale: The Man Who Gave God An English Voice was released by Thomas Nelson in January 2012. With thoughtful clarity and a reverence that comes through on every page, Teems shares a story of intrigue and atrocity, betrayal and perseverance. This book shines a light on how the Reformation officially reached English shores - and what it cost the men who brought it there.
About David Teems:
In addition to his current release, Teems is the author of To Love is Christ (Thomas Nelson, 2005), And Thereby Hangs A Tale (Harvest House, 2010), Discovering Your Spiritual Center: The Power of Psalm 119 (Leafwood 2011) and Majestie: The King Behind the King James Bible (Thomas Nelson, 2010). Majestie was the centerpiece of Thomas Nelson's recent 400th anniversary celebration of the release of the King James Bible in 1611. The biography has earned accolades from reviewers, including Publishers Weekly, who calls it "...a delightful read in every way."
Teems earned his bachelor's degree in psychology from Georgia State University. A talented musician and songwriter, Teems has recorded eight albums, including three spoken word recordings: Hope, More Hope, and Speak To Me (Scripture and music). Teems, his wife Benita, and their family live in Franklin, Tenn.
About Homecoming Magazine:
Bill and Gloria Gaither have brought their popular "Homecoming" musical events to each issue of Homecoming Magazine with inspiring stories and the latest happenings in Southern Gospel music. Readers will be inspired, encouraged, entertained and informed about all the Homecoming favorites, including Bill Gaither, Gloria Gaither, Guy Penrod, Wes Hampton, Marshall Hall, Jeff and Sheri Easter, Kevin Williams, Lynda Randle, Ernie Haase and Signature Sound, Janet Paschal, Russ Taff, Gordon Mote, Ben Speer, Ivan Parker and others.
For more information about About Homecoming Magazine, visit homecomingmagazine.com.
- Chris Tomlin Tour Hits The Road with the Burning Lights Tour and Live Concert DVD
- Michael W. Smith Announces 2014 “Michael W. Smith & Friends Cruise” To Alaska
- Holly Starr's 'Don't Have Love' Surpasses 500,000 Youtube Views
- New Artist Julie Elias Set To Perform At LifeLight Festival Memorial Day Weekend
- Christian Musician Summit Launches New Retail Website for Church Musicians
- Toddzero To Release First Full-Length Album On June 4th
- Whosoever South Kicks Off Media Tour in Support of Debut Album
- Chris Tomlin's "Burning Lights Tour" Makes Career History
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Jeremiah Jones Talks About Laura Story's Hit Song, His New Album and Song Writing
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK