Girls Generation Release New Album, Single, “I Got a Boy”
Korean girl group and pop sensation, Girls' Generation, just released their latest album, "I Got a Boy," on New Years, January 1, 2013.
The music video for the title track, "I Got a Boy," has already received more than 33 million views on YouTube. MTV U.S. online heralds Girl's Generation for the "I Got a Boy," video as, "a fashion whirlwind so jam-packed with rad clothes [that] it's pretty much impossible to watch it just once."
The self-proclaimed, "year of Psy," spurred the K-Pop frenzy in the United States with the galloping, "Gagnam Style," in 2012. Fellow Korean group 2NE1, just finished the first ever international tour by an all-girl group in K-Pop history. Girls' Generation is primed to take a shot at the crown with their latest album, "I Got a Boy." It's already been dubbed by Billboard magazine as, "one of the most forward-thinking lead pop singles heard in any country." It's drawn comparisons to American artists such as Skrillex and Ellie Goulding.
Like Us on Facebook
In a track by track review last week the music magazine described "I Got A Boy," as, "polished K-pop confections that combine elements of forward-thinking EDM (electronic dance music), classic and modern R&B, 80s new wave, and more".
Girls' Generation released mega-smash, "Dancing Queen," a remake of Duffy's 2008 U.K. hit "Mercy," on December 21, 2012, about a week and a half before the album dropped. The song jumped to number 1 on the K-Pop Hot 100 after debuting at number 2 a week before. It marked a comeback for Girls' Generation after a 9-month hiatus, thus ensuring the success of the, "I Got a Boy," album and single.
Watch the Girl's Generation music video gone video game for, "I Got a Boy," below.
If prone to seizures, do proceed with caution...
- The Perry's Tracy Stuffle Latest Medical Update and Recovery Process
- Chris Tomlin 'Burning Lights' Tour to Have Second Leg This Fall 2013, See Full Dates Here (VIDEO)
- 1 Girl Nation (1GN) Joins Reunion Records And Announces Debut, Self-Titled Release Due August 20
- Plumb Travels to Brooklyn to Experience the Work of Metro World Child
- Tracy Stuffle Medical Update, The Perry's Singer, Having Rough Week in Hospital, Prayers Needed
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Audio Adrenaline on Red Carpet at K-Love Awards (VIDEO)
- Grammy and Dove Award Nominated Recording Artist Mr. Del, Celebrates Highly Anticipated Project FAITH WALKA
- Matthew West to Perform at First-Ever Sunday Morning at CMA Fest
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- A Father’s Day Exclusive Interview: Singer/songwriter Todd MacDonald’ Dad Talks about His Son, Death and Being a Dad
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK