Finding Annie: New Writer Annie G. Walker Tells Story of Overcoming Abuse in New Book
In her new book, Finding Annie, Annie G. Walker recounts her remarkable story of overcoming a lifelong history of abuse with the help of God.
"Finding Annie tells a courageous story of how one woman became victorious over abuse from childhood to adulthood and how God allowed her to find her way to redemption," says Walker. "After reading this book you will have hope in knowing that there is a way of escape and there is healing from damage done in the past."
Like Us on Facebook
In Finding Annie, there is no topic too taboo. Walker's life as a bi-racial child, growing up with a mother and siblings who looked nothing like her and a father whose identity was a complete mystery.
"There's no fairytale life here. I don't have stories of joy and of a wonderful childhood," adds Walker. "I have memories of pain and feelings of helplessness. But at the end of it all, I have a testimony of victory."
Ultimately, Walker wrote her book with the intent to minister to others and show them the healing and redemptive power of God's love. "I always wanted to help others but, like most people, I didn't know where to start," says Walker. "I decided to share my story and now I get a chance to make a difference."
Walker is an aspiring writer and Senior Financial Analyst residing in the Washington D.C.-area with her husband, Lamont, and three children.
- Casting Crowns Release Acoustic Album, Get K-Love Awards Nomination & Make Cameo in New Movie
- Big Daddy Weave Releases New Single, "The Only Name," To Radio Today
- Deitrick Haddon Nominated for 2013 BET Award-A Beautiful Soul CD
- Carman Announces 60-City U.S. Tour, Offers Tickets to Kickstarter Backers 1st as Kickstarter Campaign Exceeds $233,000, Becomes 2nd Most Successful Kickstarter Music Project Ever
- Winter Jam Audiences 'Reset' With Nick Hall
- Andrew Peterson Returns To Grand Ole Opry
- Jason Castro Commenced Shooting For The Gmc Movie "The Perfect Summer" On May 13
- Billboard Gospel Chart Debut At #8 For Bishop K.W. Brown Presents Earl Bynum and The Mount Unity Choir
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK