Facebook Adds free Voice calls for US iPhone Apps
Facebook Unveils free calls for US iPhone users. Calling all iPhone based Facebook users, the social network launched a feature within its Messenger app that gives iPhone owners the ability to call each other while connected either via Wi-Fi or their wireless provides data network.
This calling function makes Messenger into more than just an SMS or iMessage challengerCompared to a traditional cellphone call, voices sounded a more hollow and electronic, and we could hear a bit of background noise. Still, it's more than passable, as the caller could be heard clearly on both ends.
Like Us on Facebook
If this feature proves to be consistently stable and functional, Skype could have a real competitor on its hands, not to mention Google Voice. Wireless subscribers who aren't already signed up for an unlimited plan would also have the flexibility to opt for less voice minutes, knowing that more of their calls will be carried over data pipes.
Stay tuned for continuing coverage of Facebook's new features, including more hands-on testing and impressions.
- Creation Festival 2013 NORTHEAST: June 26-29 in Mt. Union,PA - NORTHWEST: August 7-10 in Enumclaw,WA
- Mark Schultz Says 'I Gave Up' In New Radio Single
- Monroe Hopper Passes Away
- Laurie Cardoza Moore to address WCICC Leadership
- Word Entertainment & 25 Entertainment Announce The 2013-14 "Girls of Grace" Season Presented By Childfund (VIDEO)
- Luminate Enjoys Success on Rock N' Worship Roadshow & Believe Tours
- Francesca Battistelli New Album Coming Out Soon?
- Laura Story's 'Blessings' Album Goes Gold, Joins Show Hope Concert May 26 in Nashville with Casting Crowns, Steven Curtis Chapman & Others
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK