Amy Grant's 'A Tennessee Weekend' Welcomes Fans And Raises Over $50k for Charity
Last weekend multi-platinum and Grammy Award winning artist Amy Grant welcomed nearly 600 of her biggest fans to enjoy a weekend with her in Tennessee.
The event kicked off Friday night with an Amy Grant and band 'by request' concert, followed by a Saturday morning session to hear Grant and popular author Donald Miller share about the beauty of our individual and collective stories.
Saturday afternoon the gates to her farm opened and fans spent the afternoon riding hot air balloons, skeet shooting, playing picnic games, painting, chatting with Grant and listening to members of Grant's band perform cover tunes... all while enjoying the beautiful Tennessee countryside. That evening a BBQ dinner was served followed by a songwriter in the round concert with Grant, Don Schlitz, Luke Laird, Scat Springs and Brooks Parker. A late night movie on an outdoor inflatable screen was shown for the night owls, with the weekend closing out Sunday morning with a worship service/devotional led by Grant.
Like Us on Facebook
Known for her philanthropic heart, Grant spotlighted several charities throughout the weekend, includding the Nashville Rescue Mission, The Bridge Ministry, Thistle Farms, HOPEClinic For Women, Blood:Water Mission, With This Ring (Clean Water Wells) and more. All the net proceeds, which totalled over $50,000 went to Amy's Helping Hands Foundation which was then dispersed the among the various organizations.
Grant will make a quick trip to Europe next week for a shows in The Netherlands, Belfast and London. Throughout the summer and fall she will make appearances at Women of Faith events as well as various spot dates. Grant is currently working on a new studio project scheduled to release in 2013. For all things Amy Grant please visit her website, join her Amy Grant Facebook, or follow her on Twitter.
About Amy Grant
Amy Grant's career spans over 25 years and stretches from her roots in gospel into an iconic pop star, songwriter, television personality and philanthropist. Grant has sold more than 30 million albums, including 1 Quintuple Platinum album, 1 Triple Platinum and 1 Double Platinum album, as well as additional 6 Platinum and 4 Gold albums. She has won six GRAMMY® Awards in multiple categories, beginning with the platinum selling Age to Age in 1982, and 25 GMA Dove Awards, including four-time Artist of the Year awards. She also has six No. 1 hits, including "Baby, Baby" and "Every Heartbeat," and is one of only two Christian artists to be awarded a star on the legendary Walk of Fame in Hollywood. In 2003, she was inducted into the Gospel Music Hall of Fame. In 2006 Grant announced her first ever label shift to EMI Music Group where her entire music catalog was re-mastered and released via a GREATEST HITS album and made available for the first time digitally. Grant will release her first new studio album in three years in early2013.
- Cancer Survivor Tracy Randall Joins Philadelphia's "Faith Against Cancer" Gospel Concert
- Lisa Page Brooks Meets Stroke Survivor in Baltimore, MD
- Christian Singer Carman Has Successful Kickstarter and Announces 24 State, 60 City Tour!
- Chris Tomlin Tour Hits The Road with the Burning Lights Tour and Live Concert DVD
- Michael W. Smith Announces 2014 “Michael W. Smith & Friends Cruise” To Alaska
- Holly Starr's 'Don't Have Love' Surpasses 500,000 Youtube Views
- New Artist Julie Elias Set To Perform At LifeLight Festival Memorial Day Weekend
- Christian Musician Summit Launches New Retail Website for Church Musicians
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Jeremiah Jones Talks About Laura Story's Hit Song, His New Album and Song Writing
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK