Interview with Luke Caldwell of Esterlyn
What is the vision for this new album?
The album is entitled "woven". Life is a journey with so many ups and downs, hills and valleys. I think in the midst of life it is easy to lose perspective and to really grasp Gods plan and purpose in everything. It's amazing that God really does have a specific call for each one of our lives and that He desires to weave it together as a tapestry of His Grace. I have been thinking a lot about Joseph's life depicted in the Bible. I can't imagine the pain and heartache that he experienced in his life and family. Yet Joseph remained true to his Lord and God was faithful to make it all work together for good for His glory! This album is really a prayer and a declaration of who God is. Most of the songs are straight scripture to be used as a reminder of His character and His nature. I know in my life it's when I remember Gods past faithfulness it helps me to have present trust. I pray that these songs draw people in the Lords presence and cause our eyes to be fixed on Him rather than ourselves knowing His promises and His word our true!
Like Us on Facebook
How has your music changed over the past years?
It's always progressing. Are goal musically in these songs was to really let the music and melodies to speak just as much as the lyrics.
What do you know now that you wish you'd known when you first started in music?
It's a process. My prayer for every album is that God would use us and the music we make to please Him. We desire that it would be an offering to Him. All we can ever do is our best in the moment of where we are at spiritually musically and otherwise. So all that to say I wouldn't change anything.
Can you share few personal struggles and how you deal with them?
Sure. I honestly feel like I continue to have so much to learn. More than anything I think selfishness which stems from pride is one of the things i pray the Lord continues to grow in me. There is no easy way around it. The only way to to have victory is to become more like Jesus each and everyday. His whole life was about putting other people first to the point of ultimate sacrifice. I want to be more like Him. The only cure is as we are told in scripture that when we behold Him we are changed from glory to glory into His image. I must behold Him more and more each and everyday!
What's your hobby besides music?
I enjoy spending time with my family. Love serving at my local church in Boise. I also enjoy real estate and business.
- The Perry's Tracy Stuffle Latest Medical Update and Recovery Process
- Chris Tomlin 'Burning Lights' Tour to Have Second Leg This Fall 2013, See Full Dates Here (VIDEO)
- 1 Girl Nation (1GN) Joins Reunion Records And Announces Debut, Self-Titled Release Due August 20
- Plumb Travels to Brooklyn to Experience the Work of Metro World Child
- Tracy Stuffle Medical Update, The Perry's Singer, Having Rough Week in Hospital, Prayers Needed
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Audio Adrenaline on Red Carpet at K-Love Awards (VIDEO)
- Grammy and Dove Award Nominated Recording Artist Mr. Del, Celebrates Highly Anticipated Project FAITH WALKA
- Matthew West to Perform at First-Ever Sunday Morning at CMA Fest
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- A Father’s Day Exclusive Interview: Singer/songwriter Todd MacDonald’ Dad Talks about His Son, Death and Being a Dad
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK