Episode 2 Preview of "The Bible" Miniseries on The History Channel
Last Sunday night marked a huge ratings success for The History Channel's new mini-series, "The Bible." No one could have predicted exactly how the series would fare, but with the support of some of the biggest churches and pastors (Joel Osteen, T.D. Jakes, Rick Warren) endorsing "The Bible" on social media and to their congregations last week, it was wildly successful. It was declared the highest rated cable tv show this year and the highest rated series ever on The History Channel.
Like Us on Facebook
The first episode entitled, "The Beginnings/The Exodus" was a highlight package of hundreds of years of the bible including, Noah's ark and the lives of Abraham and Moses. The cinematography that is used in the first episode is stunning and the acting is very well casted and portrayed the people of the bible in a very raw and real light.
So what can people expected to see in episode two? Tonight's episode is titled "Homeland/The Kingdom", as they give each hour of the series it's own title. They pick up where episode one left off with Joshua on the verge of conquering Jericho, which ultimately happens. Next they shift to the story of Delilah and her betrayal of Samson as the Israelites battle the Philistines. Then they move to Samuel as he anoints David king, a move that could toss the nation into civil unrest and war. Saul is consumed with jealousy when David defeats the giant Goliath and episode two wraps up as King David ushers in a golden age for Israel. David gives into the power of lust and seduction by Bathsheba; God forgives David, and his son, Solomon, builds God's temple in Jerusalem.
Make sure to tune into to catch episode two of "The Bible" tonight on The History Channel at 7pm CST.
- Casting Crowns Release Acoustic Album, Get K-Love Awards Nomination & Make Cameo in New Movie
- Big Daddy Weave Releases New Single, "The Only Name," To Radio Today
- Deitrick Haddon Nominated for 2013 BET Award-A Beautiful Soul CD
- Carman Announces 60-City U.S. Tour, Offers Tickets to Kickstarter Backers 1st as Kickstarter Campaign Exceeds $233,000, Becomes 2nd Most Successful Kickstarter Music Project Ever
- Winter Jam Audiences 'Reset' With Nick Hall
- Andrew Peterson Returns To Grand Ole Opry
- Jason Castro Commenced Shooting For The Gmc Movie "The Perfect Summer" On May 13
- Billboard Gospel Chart Debut At #8 For Bishop K.W. Brown Presents Earl Bynum and The Mount Unity Choir
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK