Interview with Ben Williams of Eleven22
Could you introduce us yourself and your record?
My name is Ben Williams, one of the worship leaders of Eleven22. Recently we released an album entitled The Reason. This album has been a response to what God has been doing with us in northeast Florida, and it details the way God used a 15-year-old girl to start a movement.
What are the main themes or topics for most of your songs?
Like Us on Facebook
The main topics are 1) it's okay to not be okay, it's just not okay to stay there 2) our allegiance is with Christ, that we are not our own 3) it's okay to take your pain to the Lord and give it to Him.
How can music help us overcome the bad times in our lives?
Music can give us the words we need to express our pain or burdens and give us word pictures of God as our strong tower or faith that moves the mountains. Music can reach our soul quickly and focus our strength or our hope in the direction of Christ.
Do you have a favorite Bible verse, or one that's been on your heart that you can share with us today?
My favorite bible verse is Revelation 3:20: Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me. I love this text for many reasons, but in most Bibles when Jesus speaks the text is highlighted in RED, meaning that this is Jesus speaking. So He says that He stands at our door and knocks, that He is waiting for an invitation for us to invite Him into our world and that He would come and have dinner with us. It sounds so personal and intimate, that Jesus would come in and laugh and cry with us, like a father would. I love the reality of Jesus wanting to just come and spend time with me, that I can invite Him into my world and spend quality time with Him.
What's your biggest challenge for you as a worship leader?
My biggest challenge as a worship leader is finding new ways to say the same thing. My goal is always to glorify God and turn His people back to Him, so finding new songs or exploring new ideas to challenge His people to surrender and receive His grace is a continual challenge.
What is the most rewarding part for you doing music?
That God uses me to glorify himself.
For more information about Eleven22 visit http://www.facebook.com/eleven22worship.
- Casting Crowns Release Acoustic Album, Get K-Love Awards Nomination & Make Cameo in New Movie
- Big Daddy Weave Releases New Single, "The Only Name," To Radio Today
- Deitrick Haddon Nominated for 2013 BET Award-A Beautiful Soul CD
- Carman Announces 60-City U.S. Tour, Offers Tickets to Kickstarter Backers 1st as Kickstarter Campaign Exceeds $233,000, Becomes 2nd Most Successful Kickstarter Music Project Ever
- Winter Jam Audiences 'Reset' With Nick Hall
- Andrew Peterson Returns To Grand Ole Opry
- Jason Castro Commenced Shooting For The Gmc Movie "The Perfect Summer" On May 13
- Billboard Gospel Chart Debut At #8 For Bishop K.W. Brown Presents Earl Bynum and The Mount Unity Choir
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK