Dr. Benjamin Carson for President in 2016?
Dr. Benjamin Carson is making headlines.
Who exactly is Dr. Benjamin Carson? Dr. Carson is an American neurosurgeon and the Director of Pediatric Neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital. Carson made huge headlines for his candidness and "political incorrectness" for his open speech at the National Prayer Breakfast.
One great line from Dr. Carson during the breakfast was, "My role my was Jesus and he used parables to help people understand things."
Dr. Benjamin Carson (born September 18, 1951) was born and raised in Detroit,Michigan by his single mother. She instilled strict values of reading when he entered jr. high after struggling with his academics in elementary. He went on to graduate with honors from Southwestern High School and from there got his degree in psychology at Yale University.
Like Us on Facebook
Dr. Carson was inspired to pursue a career in medicine after hearing missionaries doctors tell stories at his church about healing people in all ways, mentally, physically, and spiritually. He was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the highest civilian award in the United States, by President George W. Bush in 2008.
His book sales have soared since with his new found attention at the Prayer Breakfast and his book, America the Beautiful: Rediscovering What Made This Nation Great (Zondervan Publishing) has hit #1 on the New York Times best seller list.
The Prayer Breakfast speech has caused many to research the Carson Scholars Fund and website. People became excited and checks start pouring in of all amounts to help out.
On Friday, book rankings on the website of the world's largest online retailer Amazon.com, showed that the paperback version of Dr. Carson's latest book, America the Beautiful, released by Zondervan Publishers in January, broke into its top 100 bestselling book list around the time Carson made his speech. On Friday, the book was ranked number four of the top 100, while it rested at the number three spot on the "Hot New Releases" list.
Carson will retire from his position in June but will continue to speak and do work with his Fund which is in every state in the country. Dr. Carson says he has no intention of running for President right now but is always open to whatever God would lead him to do. There is still plenty of time for him to change his mind and jump in.
- Cancer Survivor Tracy Randall Joins Philadelphia's "Faith Against Cancer" Gospel Concert
- Lisa Page Brooks Meets Stroke Survivor in Baltimore, MD
- Christian Singer Carman Has Successful Kickstarter and Announces 24 State, 60 City Tour!
- Chris Tomlin Tour Hits The Road with the Burning Lights Tour and Live Concert DVD
- Michael W. Smith Announces 2014 “Michael W. Smith & Friends Cruise” To Alaska
- Holly Starr's 'Don't Have Love' Surpasses 500,000 Youtube Views
- New Artist Julie Elias Set To Perform At LifeLight Festival Memorial Day Weekend
- Christian Musician Summit Launches New Retail Website for Church Musicians
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Jeremiah Jones Talks About Laura Story's Hit Song, His New Album and Song Writing
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK