Dave Brubeck Died, His Great Jazz Heritage Remains
Dave Brubeck died yesterday, December 5, 2012.
Composer and pianist Brubeck, passed away due to a heart failure on his way to a cardiologist located in Connecticut, according to Brubeck's manager Russell Gloyd. Brubeck was on his way to a cardiologist together with his son Darius.
Dave Brubeck was born on December 6, 1920, in Concord, state California. Initially, Brubeck planned to follow the path of his father who was a rancher, therefore he entered College of the Pacific, major veterinary medicine.
Like Us on Facebook
After his graduation in 1942, Brubeck entered Army and served as musician most of the time. His career started in 1951 when he formed The Dave Brubeck Quartet.
After World War II, and his study at Mills College, CA, Brubeck formed Dave Brubeck Octet. Dave Brubeck Octet released Time Out record in 1959 which found its place among the best selling Jazz records of all times.
During his long and successful career, Dave Brubeck composed Jazz music featuring unique style and exotic sound. Jazz legend composed pieces such as "Take Five" and "Time Out."
Brubeck was married to his wife Iola for amazing 70 years.
Yesterday, Brubeck family posted their statement on Brubeck Facebook page stating:
"Our much loved and revered father, Dave Brubeck died of cardiac arrest today, December 5, 2012, one day before his 92nd birthday. He died peacefully with family present. The news spread before we even left Norwalk Hospital and our family is deeply appreciative of the phone calls, messages of condolence and continuing tributes in the media and those received personally, certainly a reflection back to us of Dave's powerful and positive impact on the world. He specialized in long relationships; married to our mother for 70 years, had few changes of personnel in his outstanding quartets or in professional management and many of his fans became personal friends he knew for decades. We thank you all for your appreciation of him and the respect you have shown our family. Darius, Chris, Dan, Catherine and Matthew Brubeck."
Condolences to Brubeck family.
- TobyMac Introduces Recent Gotee Records Signee, Ryan Stevenson
- Mark Schultz "All Things Possible" Cruise Tour 2014 / Jimmy Needham and Cindy Morgan Special Guests
- Jason Castro Shooting for GMC Movie "The Perfect Summer" / 2013 Tour with Sidewalk Prophets, Ryan Cabrera, Deleasa
- The Lost Medallion: The Adventures of Billy Stone (2013) Releases on DVD at Wal-mart, Watch Trailer (VIDEO)
- David M. Edwards Releases New Gospel Album "Heart Full Of Soul" Today / Available On iTunes
- David Crowder* Band Release New "Greatest Hits" Album Today / Songs Like "How He Loves", "O Praise Him" and "Everything Glorious" Featured on New Album
- The Perry's Joseph Habedank to Step Down as Lead Singer of Gospel Group After 10 Years, Read Full Note Here
- Legendary Vocalist John Schlitt Takes Music To Norway
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK