Colton Dixon Never Gone Full Lyrics, Song Story [VIDEO]
Colton Dixon has debuted his original song "Never Gone" on the American Idol Live! opening night show. "Never Gone" is a song about the unchanging God who never leaves your side.
Dixon explained to Billboard, "It's like one of those things when you're a kid and you're in the dark and you want to turn the lights on just to make sure everything is where it needs to be."
"It's kind of the same thing, personally, with me and God; I want to make sure he's always there, and he always responds with, 'I never left.' So it's just that cool picture. And if you're not a believer, it can be whatever you want it to be. Just the idea of having someone there that's never left and is never going to leave, it paints a really cool picture and it brings comfort and hope."
Like Us on Facebook
Dixon is passionate about testifying God's love but he also does not want to alienate anyone. He hopes to write lyrics that everyone can relate to.
"Someone like Chris (Daughtry) was a great forerunner for me to look at. He didn't necessarily go into the Christian world, but his first single, 'Home,' was played on every radio station possible -- Christian radio, pop radio, rock radio. It was such a diverse song and it appealed to the masses, and I loved that. That's what I'd like to do with my music, too."
Lights off, a shot in the dark
We get lost when we're playing a part
We lay blame like we know what's best
It's a shame...
We break when we fall too hard
Lose faith when we're torn apart
Don't say you're too far gone
It's a shame
It's a shame
There's space between our lives
Hard to face, but I know we try
To revive, bring it back to life
Don't walk away
Don't walk away
I'm still standing here
No I didn't disappear
Now the lights are on
See I was never gone
I let go of your hand
To help you understand
With you all along
Yeah, I was never gone
I never ever left you
Never ever left you, no.
Here are some things fans had to say about the new song!
Tracey Peat-Tellez expressed, "Love that God has been on your mind...your lyrics portray a poetic journey...:-)"
Aubrey George wrote, "Colton, this is a beautiful picture of Gods love for us!"
Andrew Attema "COLTON!!! AMAZING JOB PERFORMING IT!!!! gave me chills. You are an incredible artist with the love of Jesus in your heart. Keep up the good job :)"
- Christian Singer Carman Has Successful Kickstarter and Announces 24 State, 60 City Tour!
- Chris Tomlin Tour Hits The Road with the Burning Lights Tour and Live Concert DVD
- Michael W. Smith Announces 2014 “Michael W. Smith & Friends Cruise” To Alaska
- Holly Starr's 'Don't Have Love' Surpasses 500,000 Youtube Views
- New Artist Julie Elias Set To Perform At LifeLight Festival Memorial Day Weekend
- Christian Musician Summit Launches New Retail Website for Church Musicians
- Toddzero To Release First Full-Length Album On June 4th
- Whosoever South Kicks Off Media Tour in Support of Debut Album
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Jeremiah Jones Talks About Laura Story's Hit Song, His New Album and Song Writing
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK