The City Harmonic Garner First-Ever JUNO Award Nomination For "I Have A Dream (It Feels Like Home)"
The City Harmonic is up for their first JUNO Award nomination. Two days ago, Feb. 19th, The Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (CARAS) nominated the internationally acclaimed band's first album, I Have A Dream (It Feels Like Home), for a "Contemporary Christian/Gospel Album of the Year" JUNO Award. The 42nd Annual JUNO Awards will air on CTV, Sunday, April 21st with Michael Bublé as host.
Since forming two years ago the band has transitioned from relative obscurity to headlining North American tours. The City Harmonic recently performed exclusive acoustic versions of hits like "Manifesto", "Mountaintop", and "Holy (Wedding Day)" on the RELEVANT Podcast. You can catch the performance at http://www.relevantmagazine.com/podcast/city-harmonic-performs.
Like Us on Facebook
The City Harmonic also just wrapped up the last of 4 installments for an interview series with Praise.com. You can catch all 4 segments at http://praise.com/artist-interview/roots-city-harmonic.
After coming off a 65-city tour with Newsboys last spring and their first headline U.S. tour last fall, The City Harmonic will soon announce the launch of their "I Have A Dream" tour this spring. As always each show is bound to be an engaging, high-quality worship experience.
Despite their first JUNO nomination, The City Harmonic is no stranger to winning awards. The City Harmonic won 4 Gospel Music Association Canada Covenant awards last fall and were nominated for GMA New Artist of the Year that same year.
The public has not been short on praise or interest in the band's meteoric success. Their hit "Manifesto" has received more than 1.8 million views on YouTube and has sold over 100,000 copies. It was the only song from a new artist in 2011 that reached the Top 10 of the SoundScan Top Current digital singles sales chart.
To stay up to date on The City Harmonic tour, news and events check out:
- Laura Story's 'Blessings' Album Goes Gold, Joins Show Hope Concert May 26 in Nashville with Casting Crowns, Steven Curtis Chapman & Others
- Casting Crowns Release Acoustic Album, Get K-Love Awards Nomination & Make Cameo in New Movie
- Big Daddy Weave Releases New Single, "The Only Name," To Radio Today
- Deitrick Haddon Nominated for 2013 BET Award-A Beautiful Soul CD
- Carman Announces 60-City U.S. Tour, Offers Tickets to Kickstarter Backers 1st as Kickstarter Campaign Exceeds $233,000, Becomes 2nd Most Successful Kickstarter Music Project Ever
- Winter Jam Audiences 'Reset' With Nick Hall
- Andrew Peterson Returns To Grand Ole Opry
- Jason Castro Commenced Shooting For The Gmc Movie "The Perfect Summer" On May 13
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK