Christian Recording Artist, St. John, Releases Second CD, 'Struggle Muszak,' with a Free Live Album Release Concert
Christian hip-hop artist, St. John, is set to release his highly-anticipated second CD entitled “Struggle Muszak,” with a live album release concert Friday, June 29, 2012 at Victory World Outreach Ministries (4901 N. Memorial Parkway, Huntsville, AL 35810). With live instrumentation, dramatization, and the exclusive premiere of the never before seen music video for “Struggle Muszak,” the concert begins at 7:00 PM CST with doors opening at 6:30 PM. Admission is free.
Like Us on Facebook
“Struggle Muszak” the follow up to his highly-acclaimed 2008 CD release, “Dirt Road Experience,” is a 13-track studio album, written by St. John, with production by industry great, Kelvin Wooten (Jill Scott, Anthony Hamilton), and work from beat masters Mike C, and Bishop. The title track, and first single, “Struggle Muszak,” addresses present-day societal issues, yet informs listeners of the victorious power one has with God, amidst everyday struggle.
“Every individual is dealing with some type of struggle, whether physical, mental or spiritual,” St. John explains. “In struggle, we need God to breathe on us, which in Hebrew, is ‘Ruwach,’ meaning to inspire . . . we need God to inspire us. “Struggle Muszak” is a creative and spiritual
work of inspiration.”
The album is a collective embodiment of musical versatility. It runs the gamut from aggressive to lighter fare. "Go Hard," featuring Proverbalist, an extreme head banger laced with an array of strings. “3NDaMornan (I Need Ya)” and “Clap and Stomp” follow in like manner. On the lighter
side, there's the authentic hip hop ballad “Family” featuring Larinda Donnell, with special appearances by St. John’s wife and three sons. There’s also the musically dynamic "Struggle Muszak," the contemplative "Crescendo,” and southern-funk filled“The Return (100)” and “By
and By,” as well as the reggae inspired “Revolutionary,” featuring Sherice Tomlin.
Born in small town, Emelle, Alabama, John “St. John” Hampton accepted Christ at an early age and was heavily influenced by hip-hop music. Fueled by a passion for hip hop and a desire to offer God the ‘best lyrics and tightest beats, he emerged from Huntsville, Alabama with a revelatory debut album, “Dirt Road Experience” A minister of the Gospel, serving under Pastor Bobby Sledge and First Lady Amy Sledge at Victory World Outreach Ministries, Huntsville, he has been ministering, collectively, through music and preaching for over 10 years.
St. John’s Struggle Muszak, will be available for purchase at the concert, as well as online at www.saintjmusic.com June 29th.
- David M. Edwards Releases New Gospel Album "Heart Full Of Soul" Today / Available On iTunes
- David Crowder* Band Release New "Greatest Hits" Album Today / Songs Like "How He Loves", "O Praise Him" and "Everything Glorious" Featured on New Album
- The Perry's Joseph Habedank to Step Down as Lead Singer of Gospel Group After 10 Years, Read Full Note Here
- Legendary Vocalist John Schlitt Takes Music To Norway
- Integrity Music Releases Debut From Northern Ireland's Nathan Jess
- IMMERSE Announces Scholarship Opportunities, Partnership with National Praise and Worship Institute
- Creation Festival 2013 NORTHEAST: June 26-29 in Mt. Union,PA - NORTHWEST: August 7-10 in Enumclaw,WA
- Mark Schultz Says 'I Gave Up' In New Radio Single
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK