1 Million Evangelical Christians March for Jesus in Brazil
More than 1 million evangelical Christians participated in the annual "March for Jesus" in Sao Paulo, Brazilon Saturday.
"The number of people participating is extremely high - at least 1 million," The Associated Press quoted Police Capt. Luis Fernando Otaviano as saying of the annual march in Sao Paulo.
Like each year, hundreds of Protestant churches and non-denominational groups took part in the march, which was organized by the Reborn in Christ Church and included religious music shows and messages from pastors and preachers, to, what organizers say, "lift up Jesus."
Like Us on Facebook
Brazil's evangelical population is exploding, jumping from 6.6 percent to 22.2 percent of the overall Brazilian population, according to the 2010 census. This means that evangelical Christianity is the fastest growing religious segment in Brazil.
The census results from the Brazilian Institute of Geography and Statistics published June 29 shows that the evangelical population of Brazil increased by 16 million people over the 10 year period from 2000 to 2010, to 42.3 million.
Photo: Thousands of people march during the Jesus Parade in downtown Sao Paulo July 14, 2012. The parade unites Christians and Evangelical churches in a public expression of faith, praising and worshipping Jesus Christ.
CLICK HERE TO CONTINUE READING
- The Perry's Tracy Stuffle Latest Medical Update and Recovery Process
- Chris Tomlin 'Burning Lights' Tour to Have Second Leg This Fall 2013, See Full Dates Here (VIDEO)
- 1 Girl Nation (1GN) Joins Reunion Records And Announces Debut, Self-Titled Release Due August 20
- Plumb Travels to Brooklyn to Experience the Work of Metro World Child
- Tracy Stuffle Medical Update, The Perry's Singer, Having Rough Week in Hospital, Prayers Needed
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Audio Adrenaline on Red Carpet at K-Love Awards (VIDEO)
- Grammy and Dove Award Nominated Recording Artist Mr. Del, Celebrates Highly Anticipated Project FAITH WALKA
- Matthew West to Perform at First-Ever Sunday Morning at CMA Fest
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- A Father’s Day Exclusive Interview: Singer/songwriter Todd MacDonald’ Dad Talks about His Son, Death and Being a Dad
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK