Christian Musician Summit Comes to Nashville October 4 - 6
After almost a decade of successful events in a variety of cities, the popular Christian Musician Summit is set to come to Nashville for the first time, with a schedule that includes workshops and performances featuring some the best musicians in the CCM and Country music industries, including Ashley Cleveland, Phil Keaggy, Ron Block, Allen Shamblin, Brenton Brown & The Worship Republic, Steve Taylor, Tom Hemby, Cindy Morgan, Zoro the drummer, and many others. CMS Nashville will be held October 5 and 6 at Grace Chapel in the historic Leiper's Fork area of Franklin, Tenn., in partnership with Kingdom Bound Ministries. A set of one-day bootcamps for songwriters, guitarists, vocalists and indie artists also is scheduled for October 4.
Like Us on Facebook
"I'm especially excited about the Nashville conference because this summit brings together top songwriters from two musical genres - CCM and country," says Bruce Adolph, co-founder of the Christian Music Summit conferences and president of the Adolph Agency, Inc. "Participants will have the unique opportunity to learn from songwriters who write for the mainstream market from a Christian worldview."
Each day will feature conference sessions, workshops and performances, followed by nightly concerts. One Sonic Society (featuring Jason Ingram, Stu G from Delirious and Paul Mabury), a CCM Songwriters in the Round (Cindy Morgan, Ashley Cleveland, Ben Glover, Ian Eskelin and Paul Moak), Dave Cleveland, Tom Hemby Band, Newworldson, Country Songwriters in the Round (Don Poythress, Tim Rushlow, Ed Hill, Casey Beathard and Allen Shamblin), and Mia Fieldes are among those scheduled for the concerts.
"What a great opportunity for training and encouragement," says award-winning Christian recording artist and songwriter Brenton Brown. "I can't recommend the Christian Musicians Summit more highly!"
"I have had the privilege to be a part of the Christian Musician Summit conferences over a number of years now, and I can tell you it is an event that both educates and encourages musicians, vocalists, technicians and anyone who desires to improve their skill and have an impact in this world with their God-given talents," says Grammy-nominated recording artist and world-renowned guitarist Phil Keaggy, who will teach a workshop and also perform at the CMS Nashville event. "The people who have tirelessly put all this together are true servants and amazing human beings that I have come to love and respect."
"Bringing the Christian Musician Summit to Nashville is a dream come true for me," Adolph says. "This is our 10th year in Seattle and we also have been producing the conference in Buffalo, N.Y., and Sacramento, Calif., for years. But Nashville has so much talent in one region, and we are so excited about the caliber and stature of the musicians and artists who will be teaching at the conference. You do not want to miss this one!"
For more information, including conference rates, and to register, visit christianmusiciansummit.com. To like on Facebook, go to facebook.com/groups/christianmusiciansummit or follow on Twitter (@cmsproductions).
Photo caption: Brenton Brown, right, performed at CMS @ The Chapel 2012 in Buffalo, N.Y. Brown is set to perform at CMS Nashville October 5 and 6. (Brown Buffalo Photography photo)
About Christian Musician Summit:
The Christian Musician Summit conferences, co-founded by Adolph and Matt Kees, president of Christian Musician Summit, Inc., are designed to inspire and assist worship leaders, musicians, technicians, pastors, songwriters, and independent artists to sharpen their skills for God's glory. In addition to the workshops and concerts, the CMS conferences also feature exhibits with audio/video and music companies who offer products and services for the Christian church market. These events provide a time for musicians and technicians of all levels to come and learn, network and fellowship.
In addition to CMS Nashville, CMS Northwest is scheduled for November 9-10 in Seattle, and CMS at The Chapel in Western New York is scheduled for May 3-4, 2013, in Buffalo, N.Y. CMS Nashville and CMS at The Chapel are presented in partnership with Kingdom Bound Ministries.
For more information about Christian Musician Summits, visit christianmusiciansummit.com.
- Creation Festival 2013 NORTHEAST: June 26-29 in Mt. Union,PA - NORTHWEST: August 7-10 in Enumclaw,WA
- Mark Schultz Says 'I Gave Up' In New Radio Single
- Monroe Hopper Passes Away
- Laurie Cardoza Moore to address WCICC Leadership
- Word Entertainment & 25 Entertainment Announce The 2013-14 "Girls of Grace" Season Presented By Childfund (VIDEO)
- Luminate Enjoys Success on Rock N' Worship Roadshow & Believe Tours
- Francesca Battistelli New Album Coming Out Soon?
- Laura Story's 'Blessings' Album Goes Gold, Joins Show Hope Concert May 26 in Nashville with Casting Crowns, Steven Curtis Chapman & Others
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK