Downhere Says Goodbye
As the old saying goes....all good things must come to an end. It was announced today by Downhere that the band will end their music ministry in January 2013 with a final tour this fall. Dates will be announced in the near future.
Statement from Downhere:
It is with many memories and deep feelings that we relay to you the decision we have made over the course of the last year. January 1, 2013 will mark the end of our traveling ministry for the foreseeable future.
Like Us on Facebook
It has become very clear to us that this chapter of our journey, initiated by God, is drawing to a close. While we mourn the end of this season we also celebrate over a decade of ministry. It has been hard work and our families have paid a big price. The friends, songs, experiences, and lives changed as a result of hearing the truth of God's love has sustained us through many years and miles.
For those of you who know us well you know that this is not a band breakup. In fact, we are open to playing a select few shows or events in the future. After many years and miles spent together we have become a band of brothers who love each other dearly. There is not one single variable that has initiated this change; rather it would seem the same sovereign hand that has guided us together for this season is now leading us in different directions. We are grateful for the role everyone has played in our lives. Your encouragement and support over the years has carried us through thick and thin.
We have always wanted to finish well. We believe that means finishing together, as a band... and that is what we are going to do. We are working on setting up a few wrap-up shows this fall. More information will be forthcoming as things get solidified.
Jason, Marc, Glenn, & Jeremy
Downhere's final album for Centricity Music is their current project On The Altar Of Love, received rave reviews withTheFish.com saying,, Plain and simple, this is a band that knows how to write to its strengths and play its songs to the hilt, and this is an album worth acclaim. Downhere has enjoyed great chart success over the years as "Here I Am" and "Hope Is Rising" peaked at #5 and #17 on the AC charts, while "My Last Amen" peaked at #5 on the CHR charts. All of the songs are from Downhere's previous project Ending Is Beginning that media heralded as their strongest studio album at that time. Downhere released their first Christmas project in 2009, based on the enormous success of "How Many Kings" that peaked at #4 on the charts. Also during their illustrious twelve-year career, Downhere has garnered 13 Covenant Awards, 4 Juno Awards and a Dove Award for Modern Rock Recorded Song of the Year. The group's most recent Covenant awards were for Song of the Year (Let Me Rediscover You) and Pop/ Contemporary Album of the Year (Two At A Time). Two At A Time was released in the summer of 2010 and had two new songs plus B-sides, including the single, "You're Not Alone."
- The Perry's Tracy Stuffle Latest Medical Update and Recovery Process
- Chris Tomlin 'Burning Lights' Tour to Have Second Leg This Fall 2013, See Full Dates Here (VIDEO)
- 1 Girl Nation (1GN) Joins Reunion Records And Announces Debut, Self-Titled Release Due August 20
- Plumb Travels to Brooklyn to Experience the Work of Metro World Child
- Tracy Stuffle Medical Update, The Perry's Singer, Having Rough Week in Hospital, Prayers Needed
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Audio Adrenaline on Red Carpet at K-Love Awards (VIDEO)
- Grammy and Dove Award Nominated Recording Artist Mr. Del, Celebrates Highly Anticipated Project FAITH WALKA
- Matthew West to Perform at First-Ever Sunday Morning at CMA Fest
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- A Father’s Day Exclusive Interview: Singer/songwriter Todd MacDonald’ Dad Talks about His Son, Death and Being a Dad
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK