Gospel Songstress Deanna Ransom Named As GMWA's Gospel Announcers Guild 2012 Chairman's Choice At Recent Convention
Deanna Ransom has hardly been able to catch her breath with the recent successes she's experienced. The 2012 Rhythm of Gospel Award Nominee and 2012 En Sound Award Nominee just returned from Nashville and the 2012 Gospel Music Workshop of America Convention. At the event, Ransom was named a Chairman's Choice by Al "The Bishop" Hobbs (pictured with Ransom), Chairman of the Gospel Announcers Guild and Vice Chairman of the Gospel Music Workshop of America. The Chairman's Choice is presented by the Gospel Announcers Guild to up-and-coming gospel artists who have shown enormous promise and have demonstrated a level of professionalism in the industry worthy of recognition.
Like Us on Facebook
Ransom was thrilled at the acknowledgement. "When Al 'The Bishop' Hobbs began to speak the words of introduction about his choice for 2012 Chairman's Choice, I began to think how awesome it was to have someone of such renowned to speak so highly of an artist and their ministry," recalls Deanna. "However, when he then called my name, I was both humbled and excited! I had only gotten out of the hospital hours before that moment so it was a confirmation to me that all we suffer is not worthy to be compared with God's glory revealed in us - Hallelujah!"
The blessings keep coming for Deanna Ransom. She was recently informed that her lead single, "Never Say Never" from her forthcoming release, Never Say Never...Again, has been added to rotation to SGN The Light. With dozens of radio stations, the platform allows Ransom's ministry to impact even more listeners. The new CD, releasing on Tuesday, July 24, 2012, is the artist's third project and her most anticipated. The CD is a musical memoir of her tribulations and triumphs and as her last name dictates, she track-by track becomes a vessel for deliverance.
Songs like the emotive and powerful single, "Never Say Never", the empowering "Rise Sistah" featuring the incomparable Melba Moore, the celebratory, urban-tinged "You Bring Me Joy" and the therapeutic "I Am Healed" showcase the enormous talents of this gifted singer. Produced by GRAMMY Award Winning producer Herb Middleton, who has worked with superstars like Mary J. Blige, Kelly Price, Yolanda Adams, Rev. Al Green and others, the project is a personal and reflective one for the artist and displays her songwriting talents as well.
Deanna Ransom, the 2011 Rhythm of Gospel Award Winner for Song of the Year for "Mercy & Kindness" and 2010 Black Essence Award Female Gospel Artist Winner, fuses popular genres like soul, jazz and R&B with gospel presenting a medley of inspiration with a unique flair that's all her own. A 2012 Holy Hip Hop Rhythm & Praise multiple nominee (Artist of the Year, Album of the Year for I Hear You, and Song of the Year for the single "I Hear You"), a 2012 six-time En Sound Music Award Nominee, the 2011 En Sound Entertainment Independent Artist of the Year, a 2011 Atlanta Gospel Fest Music Awards Nominee, and a 2005 Independent Female Artist of the Year Award, Deanna plans to eclipse her first two CDs with the long-awaited release of Never Say Never...Again. For more information about Deanna Ransom, log on to www.DeannaRansom.com.
Photo Credit: Humilitee.com
- Cancer Survivor Tracy Randall Joins Philadelphia's "Faith Against Cancer" Gospel Concert
- Lisa Page Brooks Meets Stroke Survivor in Baltimore, MD
- Christian Singer Carman Has Successful Kickstarter and Announces 24 State, 60 City Tour!
- Chris Tomlin Tour Hits The Road with the Burning Lights Tour and Live Concert DVD
- Michael W. Smith Announces 2014 “Michael W. Smith & Friends Cruise” To Alaska
- Holly Starr's 'Don't Have Love' Surpasses 500,000 Youtube Views
- New Artist Julie Elias Set To Perform At LifeLight Festival Memorial Day Weekend
- Christian Musician Summit Launches New Retail Website for Church Musicians
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Jeremiah Jones Talks About Laura Story's Hit Song, His New Album and Song Writing
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK