Top Christian Love Songs EVER: Part 1
Valentine's Day is right around the corner, and in the event that you're still trying to pull together a playlist for that romantic evening with your special someone, we've got you covered. Here are five of the greatest love songs of all time, performed by some of the biggest names in Christian and Gospel music. Come back tomorrow for Part 2.
"On and On" - Kevin Max
"You are the sunshine/I am the rain that falls in line/You are a candle/And I am your darkness," sings Kevin Max, former member of the hit Christian group dc Talk, on "On and On." The singles come from Max's 2001 solo debut, Stereotype B.
Like Us on Facebook
"Honestly" - Stryper
Stryper's declaration of unwavering loyalty and commitment begins innocently enough, with just a syrupy-sweet piano melody. Ultimately, the track adds the driving drums and screaming guitar riffs that the Christian metal band is known for, making 1987's "Honestly" one of their most popular songs - and most requested videos on MTV.
"I Will Remember You" - Amy Grant
As anyone who's ever been in love can attest, matters of the heart are rarely uncomplicated and even the most promising starts can end on a sour note. But on 1992's "I Will Remember You," Amy Grant - the Queen of Christian pop - promises to never let go. "True love," she sings, "is frozen in time/I'll be your champion/And you will be mine."
"I Will Be Here" - Steven Curtis Chapman
If there was an award given for "Love Song Most Played at Weddings," Steven Curtis Chapman's "I'll Be Here" would likely take it. And it's no wonder. Chapman confirms that obstacles and challenges (and old age!) are inevitable in marriage - but so is his presence. His commitment to his wife and the promises he made to God guarantees it.
"I Promise (Wedding Song)" - Cece Winans
Most love stories end with the damsel being swept off her feet by the knight in shining armor. It's a nice story, but we don't often hear from the women who pledge to support and love their men unconditionally, truly becoming the wife that God has called them to be. Cece Winans changes all that with "I Promise (Wedding Song)."
- Casting Crowns Release Acoustic Album, Get K-Love Awards Nomination & Make Cameo in New Movie
- Big Daddy Weave Releases New Single, "The Only Name," To Radio Today
- Deitrick Haddon Nominated for 2013 BET Award-A Beautiful Soul CD
- Carman Announces 60-City U.S. Tour, Offers Tickets to Kickstarter Backers 1st as Kickstarter Campaign Exceeds $233,000, Becomes 2nd Most Successful Kickstarter Music Project Ever
- Winter Jam Audiences 'Reset' With Nick Hall
- Andrew Peterson Returns To Grand Ole Opry
- Jason Castro Commenced Shooting For The Gmc Movie "The Perfect Summer" On May 13
- Billboard Gospel Chart Debut At #8 For Bishop K.W. Brown Presents Earl Bynum and The Mount Unity Choir
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK