Chris Tomlin's "Whom Shall I Fear" Inspires Cancer Patient and "Angel Army"
Chris Tomlin is blessed by the grace of God. The Grammy-award winning artist just released his seventh studio album, "Burning Lights". It debuted at number 1 on the Billboard Top 200, becoming only the 4th contemporary Christian album to do so.
The sound of "Burning Lights" is a step in a different direction for Tomlin. But he maintains in an interview with Jeremy Armstrong of Worship Leader: "
Yeah I think that I'm excited about where the sound is, but it's not a huge departure. I have the very best help with me on this album. Jason Ingram, who produced most of this record; he understands how we make the record a connection even in the studio, how we make this connection to the Church, and how we make this a way that is exciting musically and connects to people. I can see myself singing and playing these songs in my church." (Worship Leader)
Like Us on Facebook
"Burning Lights" has spawned some of Tomlin's most beloved songs in recent years. Songs like "Lay Me Down" and "White Flag" will be live staples for years to come. His lead single "Whom Shall I Fear (God of Angel Armies)" which was released November 9 of last year has been receiving a lot of buzz online.
At about 10:30 central time, Tomlin shared a video of a group of Christians, an "angel army," covering "Whom Shall I Fear" for their friend Bev, who was recently diagnosed with cancer and is undergoing chemo therapy. On top of that her father also recently passed away.
A true and pure "angel army" indeed. Good work gang! Our prayers are with Bev.
- The Perry's Tracy Stuffle Latest Medical Update and Recovery Process
- Chris Tomlin 'Burning Lights' Tour to Have Second Leg This Fall 2013, See Full Dates Here (VIDEO)
- 1 Girl Nation (1GN) Joins Reunion Records And Announces Debut, Self-Titled Release Due August 20
- Plumb Travels to Brooklyn to Experience the Work of Metro World Child
- Tracy Stuffle Medical Update, The Perry's Singer, Having Rough Week in Hospital, Prayers Needed
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Audio Adrenaline on Red Carpet at K-Love Awards (VIDEO)
- Grammy and Dove Award Nominated Recording Artist Mr. Del, Celebrates Highly Anticipated Project FAITH WALKA
- Matthew West to Perform at First-Ever Sunday Morning at CMA Fest
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- A Father’s Day Exclusive Interview: Singer/songwriter Todd MacDonald’ Dad Talks about His Son, Death and Being a Dad
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK