Billboard 200 Chart Topper Chris Tomlin To Appear on 'Fox & Friends' & Various Network Affiliates Tomorrow, Jan. 24
GRAMMY® winner and multi-platinum recording artist Chris Tomlin is slated to appear before national and major-market audiences tomorrow, Jan. 24, with a visit to the hit cable morning news show Fox & Friends and via a satellite media tour. The satellite media tour, broadcast from Washington D.C., will be fed to numerous television affiliates in markets including Cleveland, Las Vegas, New Orleans and Charlotte, N.C.
Also during his visit to the nation's capital, Tomlin will tape a guest appearance for Washington Watch with Tony Perkins, a national radio program broadcast on the American Family Radio network and other independent stations. The show, hosted by Family Research Council President Tony Perkins, features a fresh new perspective on inside-the-beltway news by offering a distinctly Christian conservative worldview. Family Research Council is a Washington D.C. based non-profit advocacy organization that advocates on life, family and religious liberty issues. For more information, please visit www.tonyperkins.com
Like Us on Facebook
Just over a week ago, Tomlin accumulated the biggest first-week sales numbers of his history-making career when his latest studio album, Burning Lights, debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart. With more than 72,000 units sold, Burning Lights marks Tomlin's first trip to the top of the Billboard 200 and only the fourth time in history that a Christian music album has entered that chart at No. 1. The success of Burning Lights was preceded by an outpouring of acclaim from national media including The New York Times, USA Today and Billboard, among many others.
A year after celebrating his first GRAMMY® Award [for Best Christian or Gospel Album,
And If Our God Is For Us... ], Tomlin is honored with another nomination in 2013 and will attend next month's ceremonies in Los Angeles as an eight-time nominee. He is nominated for Best Contemporary Christian Music song for "White Flag." Co-written with Jason Ingram, Matt Maher and Matt Redman, the song is from the live album Passion: White Flag but also appears on Burning Lights.
The internationally renowned worship leader will launch his nationwide "Burning Lights Tour" beginning February 19 in Charleston, W.V., visiting 34 markets including New York, Seattle and Dallas, before wrapping in Denver on May 4. Friend and pastor of Passion City Church/Communicator/Passion founder, Louie Giglio will join Tomlin on the road for select dates, with Sparrow Records' Kari Jobe appearing at all shows. For more information, please visit www.ChrisTomlin.com/tour.
About Chris Tomlin
With nine albums, ten No. 1 radio singles, a GRAMMY® Award and eight additional nominations, two Billboard Music Awards, 21 Dove Awards, a platinum and four gold albums to his credit, Chris Tomlin is among the most well-known and influential artists in contemporary Christian music. Referred to by Time magazine as "most likely the most often sung artist anywhere," Tomlin also has 15 of the Top 100 CCLI songs with 4 of them being in the top 10. ASCAP's 2007 Songwriter of the Year, Tomlin's "How Great Is Our God" was his first No. 1 on the CCLI Top 25, moving to No. 1 after becoming one of the fasting rising modern day hymns in CCLI chart history. In addition to having sold more than 4.2 million albums and over 6 million digital tracks, Tomlin made history as his single "Jesus Messiah" (Hello Love) garnered 97 adds at radio its first week and skyrocketed to No. 1, making it the biggest ever add date in Christian radio history. In the midst of his record breaking success, and continuing his role as worship leader at Passion City Church in Atlanta, GA, Tomlin continues touring and leading at Passion Conference gatherings across the US and worldwide. His ninth studio album, Burning Lights, was released on Jan. 8, 2013, and features the hit single "Whom Shall I Fear [God of Angel Armies]."
- Brandon Heath's 'Blue Mountain' Album, Touring & K-LOVE Awards Nominations
- TobyMac Introduces Recent Gotee Records Signee, Ryan Stevenson
- Mark Schultz "All Things Possible" Cruise Tour 2014 / Jimmy Needham and Cindy Morgan Special Guests
- Jason Castro Shooting for GMC Movie "The Perfect Summer" / 2013 Tour with Sidewalk Prophets, Ryan Cabrera, Deleasa
- The Lost Medallion: The Adventures of Billy Stone (2013) Releases on DVD at Wal-mart, Watch Trailer (VIDEO)
- David M. Edwards Releases New Gospel Album "Heart Full Of Soul" Today / Available On iTunes
- David Crowder* Band Release New "Greatest Hits" Album Today / Songs Like "How He Loves", "O Praise Him" and "Everything Glorious" Featured on New Album
- The Perry's Joseph Habedank to Step Down as Lead Singer of Gospel Group After 10 Years, Read Full Note Here
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK