Chris August Connects with "Center Of It," Pulling In 64 Stations In Just Two Weeks At Radio
As the lead single from the appropriately dubbed The Upside of Down-due out August 21st-"Center Of It" is certainly the new center of attention at Christian radio. As Chris August continues to recover from an April skateboarding accident that left him hospitalized, the Dove Award winner had both Christian AC and CHR's most-added single in its debut week for "Center Of It." The single is being played at 64 stations so far, receiving support from an impressive 57 total stations in its first week impacting radio. Additionally, the song, co-produced by August and Ian Eskelin, is now available via iTunes®, where it debuted in the Top 10 on the Christian & Gospel Songs chart.
Like Us on Facebook
The upcoming release of his second Fervent Records project, The Upside of Down, has planted high hopes within August to reach people and encourage them to live for something greater than themselves. "I'm excited for people to hear these songs and my hope is that their lives are impacted by them," he says. "I wanted to write songs that could speak to each and every person and would ultimately point them to Jesus. I hope you can hear the hard work that went in to make this record the very best. I'm so proud to share this with everyone."
The album's title parallels his recent skateboarding accident in which he embraced the 'upside of down' and was humbled by the healing process over the last couple of months' events. August explains the symbolism of his new album title: "Even in the 'down' part of life, I've had such intimate moments with friends being at my house and lifting me in prayer; I'm really connecting with Christ on a new level. I couldn't ask for anything else through all this!"
After missing a handful of tour dates this spring due to his injuries, August was able to finish out several sell-out shows with MercyMe in May. This summer, he's playing many festivals including FishFest 2012, Creation Northeast and Northwest, and many more. For more information on August's upcoming tour dates, please visit www.chrisaugustmusic.com.
About Chris August:
ervent Records' Chris August quickly became a favorite in the CCM genre. With an impressive sweep at the 42nd Annual Dove Awards, he earned awards for "New Artist of the Year" and "Male Vocalist of the Year," adding him to an elite group of only three artists in the history of the show who have received both awards. He also claimed the nod for "Pop/Contemporary Album of the Year" for his debut album No Far Away. The album delivered August's debut single "Starry Night," which stayed No. 1 for six consecutive weeks on Billboard's Christian/AC chart. Chris August will release his much anticipated sophomore record The Upside of Down in August of 2012, which was painstakingly crafted and co-produced with award-winning producer Ian Eskelin. August is a self-taught pianist, guitarist, and producer who has previously toured with pop sensation Ashlee Simpson and has worked/co-wrote with artists such as Ryan Cabrera, Brian McKnight and Jessica Simpson before shifting his focus to a solo career.
- Casting Crowns Release Acoustic Album, Get K-Love Awards Nomination & Make Cameo in New Movie
- Big Daddy Weave Releases New Single, "The Only Name," To Radio Today
- Deitrick Haddon Nominated for 2013 BET Award-A Beautiful Soul CD
- Carman Announces 60-City U.S. Tour, Offers Tickets to Kickstarter Backers 1st as Kickstarter Campaign Exceeds $233,000, Becomes 2nd Most Successful Kickstarter Music Project Ever
- Winter Jam Audiences 'Reset' With Nick Hall
- Andrew Peterson Returns To Grand Ole Opry
- Jason Castro Commenced Shooting For The Gmc Movie "The Perfect Summer" On May 13
- Billboard Gospel Chart Debut At #8 For Bishop K.W. Brown Presents Earl Bynum and The Mount Unity Choir
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK