Charles Jenkins and Fellowship Chicago's Awesome Journey
It was during this time last year that Charles Jenkins and Fellowship Chicago started a year-long journey when they released the record-breaking and critically-acclaimed #1 CD project, The Best of Both Worlds, which included the #1 praise and worship anthem, "Awesome," penned by Jenkins, who is a GRAMMY® Award-winning songwriter. Jenkins and Fellowship Chicago's awesome journey included the #1 debut of the CD project, which held the top position on Billboard's Top Gospel Albums chart for three consecutive weeks. The Best of Both Worlds was the highest debut for a new artist in 2012 and the 10th best-selling gospel album for an artist in 2012. The single, "Awesome," entered at #1 on Billboard's Hot Gospel Song chart, and remained at #1 for 20 weeks. "Awesome" also entered at #1 as the Best Selling Christian/Gospel Song on Amazon. "Awesome" is the third best-selling digital gospel song of 2012. The single has remained at #1 in listening audience at gospel radio.
Like Us on Facebook
In Billboard's magazine year-end issue, Jenkins and Fellowship Chicago's "Awesome" landed at #2 on the Gospel Songs chart, #5 on the Gospel Songs Imprints chart, #6 on the Gospel Songs Labels chart, and #20 on the Gospel Albums chart for The Best of Both Worlds.
"2012 was just an appetizer," says Jenkins. "Wait until you get a taste of 2013. I've got a few surprises."
Throughout 2012, Jenkins and Fellowship Chicago have been ministering "Awesome" and other songs on the album to large and enthusiastic crowds all over the country, including New York City's Central Park, Atlanta's Centennial Park, Bishop T.D. Jakes' Manpower conference in Dallas, and Jay-Z's Made in America Music Festival during the Labor Day Weekend in Philadelphia, among others major events and conferences.
In October 2012, Jenkins and Fellowship Chicago received a stunning eight Stellar Gospel Music Award nominations for The Best of Both Worlds CD. The nominations include Artist of the Year, Song of the Year (awarded to songwriter), New Artist of the Year, CD of the Year, Choir of the Year, Traditional CD of the Year, Traditional Choir of the Year and Recorded Music Package of the Year.
"Awesome" was named Song of the Year by Radio One and its online media outlet, Elev8.com. And Jenkins and Fellowship Chicago were named The Spirit Countdown Artist of the Year.
Immediately following Jenkins and Fellowship Chicago's performance at the 28th Annual Stellar Gospel Music Awards, he will head to Washington, D.C, where he will perform at the African American Church Inauguration Ball on Sunday, January 20, 2013.
Spreading the inspiration in 2013, Jenkins and Inspired People launched The Inspired People Music Songwriting Contest for the forthcoming CD project, scheduled to record in April 2013. Jenkins penned the GRAMMY® Award-winning song "You've Been A Friend" from Israel Houghton's Israel and the New Breed Alive in South Africa CD. The contest will continue through February 28, 2013. For more information on the Inspired People Music Songwriting Contest and the contest rules and regulations, please visit www.inspiredpeoplemusic.net.
Jenkins is the founder, CEO and President of Inspired People Music, an independent label based in Chicago, IL.
- Brandon Heath's 'Blue Mountain' Album, Touring & K-LOVE Awards Nominations
- TobyMac Introduces Recent Gotee Records Signee, Ryan Stevenson
- Mark Schultz "All Things Possible" Cruise Tour 2014 / Jimmy Needham and Cindy Morgan Special Guests
- Jason Castro Shooting for GMC Movie "The Perfect Summer" / 2013 Tour with Sidewalk Prophets, Ryan Cabrera, Deleasa
- The Lost Medallion: The Adventures of Billy Stone (2013) Releases on DVD at Wal-mart, Watch Trailer (VIDEO)
- David M. Edwards Releases New Gospel Album "Heart Full Of Soul" Today / Available On iTunes
- David Crowder* Band Release New "Greatest Hits" Album Today / Songs Like "How He Loves", "O Praise Him" and "Everything Glorious" Featured on New Album
- The Perry's Joseph Habedank to Step Down as Lead Singer of Gospel Group After 10 Years, Read Full Note Here
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK