Charles Jenkins and Fellowship Chicago's "The Best of Both Worlds" Debuts at #1
Inspired People/EMI Gospel recording artist Charles Jenkins and Fellowship Chicago's debut album, The Best of Both Worlds debuts at #1 on Billboard's Top Gospel Albums chart and the hit praise and worship anthem, "Awesome" remains at #1 on Billboard's Hot Gospel Songs chart. The Best of Both Worlds also enters at #41 on Billboard's Top 200 Albums chart. Jenkins is a GRAMMY® Award-winning songwriter, and the writer of "Awesome." The Best of Both Worlds, which was released on Jenkins' newly formed independent label, Inspired People, is the first #1 debut by a new artist this year. In May 2012, Jenkins' label signed an exclusive worldwide distribution agreement with EMI Gospel.
Like Us on Facebook
The #1 radio hit and church anthem, "Awesome," is the first single frotered at #1 as the Best Selling Christian/Gospel Song on Amazon. "To have multiple number one chart positions in less than six monthm The Best of Both Worlds album. The CD also entered on top of the iTunes and Amazon Christian/Gospel charts. The single also ens as a new artist leads me to only three words, 'God is Awesome,'" says Charles Jenkins, who is the senior pastor of the historic and legendary Fellowship Missionary Baptist Church.
"Pastor Charles Jenkins and Fellowship Chicago are an amazing gift to the body of Christ," says Tracey Artis, CEO and President of I Hear Music, a full service, marketing, radio and promotions company based in Cincinnati, Ohio. "'Awesome' is one of the fastest moving singles that I ever had in my career. I have worked with some of gospel's greatests: Kirk Franklin, Marvin Sapp, Donnie McClurkin, Fred Hammond, Byron Cage and Kurt Carr. In less than six months, this single has resonated with choirs, gospel lovers and consumers all over the world. And I am honored to be a part of this movement. Charles Jenkins is a force to be reckoned with and we will hear from him and Fellowship Chicago for years to come."
During the promotional tour, Jenkins and Fellowship Chicago made several key in-store appearances during street week, including the highly successful performance at Wal-mart in Chicago on Saturday, June 16. "It was a pleasure to allow our community the opportunity to meet and greet Pastor Charles Jenkins and his choir at the local Chatman Wal-Mart," says Keith Richards, store manager in Chicago. "This opportunity has allowed us to build a strong brand within the community. Meeting and greeting many members of the community was awesome! What an amazing group of individuals. It's an amazing sense of pride being able to serve my people."
On Monday, June 11, Jenkins presented "The Awesome Experience Album Release Concert," to a standing-room only crowd of over 6,500 people at the historic House of Hope (Pastor James Meeks) in Chicago. The concert featured GRAMMY® Award-winning songwriter and recording artist Charles Jenkins and Fellowship Chicago, along with special guests Karen Clark Sheard, Bishop Paul S. Morton, Michelle Williams and Jessica Reedy. The Best of Both Worlds continues the long musical tradition at Fellowship, which released 25 albums under the leadership of Jenkins' predecessor, Reverend Clay Evans.
To date, Jenkins has made promotional visits in Cincinnati, OH; Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Washington, DC; Baltimore, MD; and Philadelphia, PA. Jenkins will return to Atlanta for the Full Gospel Baptist Fellowship Conference on Wednesday, June 27, and then head to the ESSENCE Music Festival on July 6th, 7th and 8th in New Orleans, LA.
- Cancer Survivor Tracy Randall Joins Philadelphia's "Faith Against Cancer" Gospel Concert
- Lisa Page Brooks Meets Stroke Survivor in Baltimore, MD
- Christian Singer Carman Has Successful Kickstarter and Announces 24 State, 60 City Tour!
- Chris Tomlin Tour Hits The Road with the Burning Lights Tour and Live Concert DVD
- Michael W. Smith Announces 2014 “Michael W. Smith & Friends Cruise” To Alaska
- Holly Starr's 'Don't Have Love' Surpasses 500,000 Youtube Views
- New Artist Julie Elias Set To Perform At LifeLight Festival Memorial Day Weekend
- Christian Musician Summit Launches New Retail Website for Church Musicians
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Jeremiah Jones Talks About Laura Story's Hit Song, His New Album and Song Writing
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK