Carrie Underwood Weighs in on ABC’s Nashville: “Backstabbing and sleeping with everybody. That’s really not [the case].” [Video]
In the middle of her Blown Away Tour, pop/country crossover star Carrie Underwood had time, before performing for last year's American Music Awards, to sit down with Rolling Stone Magazine and share her thoughts on the new Music City drama.
"I feel like the show represents our town really well."
Though the Grammy award-winning Underwood enjoys watching the show, "because I'm [Underwood] like, 'I eat there,'" she has reservations with the show's tendency to go a little overboard with the drama, at least relative to her experiences.
Like Us on Facebook
I hope people don't think it's all backstabbing and everybody sleeping with everybody else. That's really not [the case], at least to my knowledge," Underwood tells Rolling Stone. "People [in her world] really are pretty open and friendly and normal."
Underwood is justified in thinking the show takes a little too much dramatic license exaggerating the sex, the lies, and the dirty politics.
Critics have compared the show to a mix between a less realistic "Treme" (HBO's portrayal of post-Katrina New Orleans culture) and the pop, more importantly iTunes-friendly, sensibilities of Glee (unfortunately, we all know what Glee is).
Who knows maybe Underwood will even guest star on the show? When asked about the prospect of representing a bona fide "lady of country," Underwood tells Rolling Stone, "[It's] something really different that would be out of my comfort zone -- a really wonderful thing to put on my 'I did that' list."
You'll have plenty of chances to catch Underwood on her international Blown Away Tour, recently adding some 40 extra dates to the Spring leg.
You can see new episodes of "Nashville" Wednesdays (10 p.m. ET) on ABC.
- The Perry's Tracy Stuffle Latest Medical Update and Recovery Process
- Chris Tomlin 'Burning Lights' Tour to Have Second Leg This Fall 2013, See Full Dates Here (VIDEO)
- 1 Girl Nation (1GN) Joins Reunion Records And Announces Debut, Self-Titled Release Due August 20
- Plumb Travels to Brooklyn to Experience the Work of Metro World Child
- Tracy Stuffle Medical Update, The Perry's Singer, Having Rough Week in Hospital, Prayers Needed
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Audio Adrenaline on Red Carpet at K-Love Awards (VIDEO)
- Grammy and Dove Award Nominated Recording Artist Mr. Del, Celebrates Highly Anticipated Project FAITH WALKA
- Matthew West to Perform at First-Ever Sunday Morning at CMA Fest
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- A Father’s Day Exclusive Interview: Singer/songwriter Todd MacDonald’ Dad Talks about His Son, Death and Being a Dad
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK