Carman Fans Show Support Following Cancer Diagnosis
When legendary CCM artist Carman first took to his Facebook page to announce that he had been diagnosed with myeloma cancer, he had specific instructions for his fans:
Like Us on Facebook
"Please, do not allow this facebook site to be an ongoing blog for cancer treatment remedy's (sic)," he wrote. "That would be depressing to everyone."
And while very few have offered specific treatment suggestions, Carman's page has been flooded with comments from almost 30,000 fans sending prayers and best wishes for the embattled singer. Here are a few:
Is there anything too hard for God? NO! We are believing with you for complete healing in Jesus name! - Julia Michelle Rickards Mutton
I hope the devil realizes that you can still SLAM, with or without the cancer. - Joshua Operia
What Doctors say is incurable, God calls healed. Every sickness and disease has to bow to the name of Jesus. So I command Myeloma Cancer in Carmen's body to die in Jesus Name and the healing manifestation to flow through your body now in the name of Jesus! - Shannon Stewart
You give so much, don't be ashamed of taking time for you - especially when you need to. It will give you more time! God is GOOD! - Pam Clark
Carman has not sent any communication via social media since his last Facebook post on February 14, but concerned fans can be sure that the performer is not wasting away in self-pity.
"I want you all to know that I will continue to minister and win souls until I can't do it any longer," Carman wrote. "My life has always been about ministry. I have a call of God to touch lives with the gospel of Jesus Christ and that's what I will do until the Lord calls me home."
For more information on Carman's cancer battle, click here.
- Jason Castro Shooting for GMC Movie "The Perfect Summer" / 2013 Tour with Sidewalk Prophets, Ryan Cabrera, Deleasa
- The Lost Medallion: The Adventures of Billy Stone (2013) Releases on DVD at Wal-mart, Watch Trailer (VIDEO)
- David M. Edwards Releases New Gospel Album "Heart Full Of Soul" Today / Available On iTunes
- David Crowder* Band Release New "Greatest Hits" Album Today / Songs Like "How He Loves", "O Praise Him" and "Everything Glorious" Featured on New Album
- The Perry's Joseph Habedank to Step Down as Lead Singer of Gospel Group After 10 Years, Read Full Note Here
- Legendary Vocalist John Schlitt Takes Music To Norway
- Integrity Music Releases Debut From Northern Ireland's Nathan Jess
- IMMERSE Announces Scholarship Opportunities, Partnership with National Praise and Worship Institute
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK