Carman to Decide Best Cancer Treatment on March 4
On February 14, legendary Christian artist Carman shocked everyone when he announced that he had been diagnosed with myeloma cancer.
The 57-year-old singer had been feeling ill for months and had been treated with numerous therapies and supplements with no results before he was ultimately referred to a physician at a cancer center. In an exclusive interview with Charisma News, Carman spoke of his initial uneasiness.
Like Us on Facebook
"People told me not to worry that it was a cancer treatment center-that this is just where the doctor practiced and it didn't mean I had cancer," Carman says. "I had this sinking feeling when I waked through the doors. When you go into a building that says 'cancer treatment center,' you have this feeling it's not going to go well for you. And it didn't."
Naturally, Carman was completely shocked when he got the news, stating that "everything went white." At this point he has been given a life expectancy of three to five years.
"There is no cure," Carman said in the interview. "I just went in for a bone biopsy. They took eight vials of blood. On March 4, I'm having a three-day examination to find out how deep I am into this and what the best treatment is."
Myeloma is a cancer of plasma cells, a type of white blood cell normally responsible for producing antibodies. The disease typically develops in 1 to 4 out of 100,000 people per year.
To leave your well-wishes and prayers for Carman, visit his Facebook page.
- Jason Castro Shooting for GMC Movie "The Perfect Summer" / 2013 Tour with Sidewalk Prophets, Ryan Cabrera, Deleasa
- The Lost Medallion: The Adventures of Billy Stone (2013) Releases on DVD at Wal-mart, Watch Trailer (VIDEO)
- David M. Edwards Releases New Gospel Album "Heart Full Of Soul" Today / Available On iTunes
- David Crowder* Band Release New "Greatest Hits" Album Today / Songs Like "How He Loves", "O Praise Him" and "Everything Glorious" Featured on New Album
- The Perry's Joseph Habedank to Step Down as Lead Singer of Gospel Group After 10 Years, Read Full Note Here
- Legendary Vocalist John Schlitt Takes Music To Norway
- Integrity Music Releases Debut From Northern Ireland's Nathan Jess
- IMMERSE Announces Scholarship Opportunities, Partnership with National Praise and Worship Institute
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK