Did Candice Glover's "I Who Have Nothing" Take The Lead On American Idol Tonight?
The Top 10 finalists performed tonight on American Idol and there were many memorable performances through out the night. On the judges side of things, Nicki Minaj actually got stuck in traffic so they started the show without her. When Minaj returned she was her usual corky self with her love-able yet unusual commentary for the contestants.
On to the contestants side of things, the lady to take over the night was Candice Glover. Candice Glover sang Jordan Sparks' rendition of "I Who Have Nothing" and tried to perform it even more memorably. Well she accomplished that, and then some. Randy was fist-pumping during her performance, and the judges and the audience gave her a standing ovation at the end. Keith said, "If we had more time we'd still be standing and clapping." Nicki said, "It would be in everybody's best interest to never perform that song again...you destroyed and annihilated it." Randy had the best comment of the night for Candice saying it was "the best performance in Idol this season!." Mariah said she's "transfixed watching."
Like Us on Facebook
Angie Miller and Kree Harrison both gave stellar performances as usual to keep them as favorites of the competition and Amber Holcomb ended the night with a beautiful performance.
Here is a quick overview of the 10 contestants:
First up to the stage was, Curtis Finch Jr., singing Fantasia's "I Believe."
Devin Velez sang the Carrie Underwood song, "Temporary Home"
Angie Miller belted out "I Surrender" by Celine Dion.
Paul Jolley sang a Scotty performed song, Lonestar's "Amazed."
Candace Glover sang Jordan Sparks' rendition of "I Have Nothing."
Lazaro Arbo's sang Kelly Clarkson's "Breakaway."
Kree Harrison sang "Crying" originally performed by Carrie Underwood years back on Idol.
Burnell Taylor's song choice tonight was "Flying Without Wings."
Amber Holcomb, closed the night in spectacular with Kelly Clarkson's "Moment Like This."
Tune in tomorrow night to see which ones advance to next week. on American Idol.
- David M. Edwards Releases New Gospel Album "Heart Full Of Soul" Today / Available On iTunes
- David Crowder* Band Release New "Greatest Hits" Album Today / Songs Like "How He Loves", "O Praise Him" and "Everything Glorious" Featured on New Album
- The Perry's Joseph Habedank to Step Down as Lead Singer of Gospel Group After 10 Years, Read Full Note Here
- Legendary Vocalist John Schlitt Takes Music To Norway
- Integrity Music Releases Debut From Northern Ireland's Nathan Jess
- IMMERSE Announces Scholarship Opportunities, Partnership with National Praise and Worship Institute
- Creation Festival 2013 NORTHEAST: June 26-29 in Mt. Union,PA - NORTHWEST: August 7-10 in Enumclaw,WA
- Mark Schultz Says 'I Gave Up' In New Radio Single
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK